speaker cable and hdmi leads whats hot

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi looking for advice on which cables and hdmi to buy for my monitor audio rs6 av pack and yamaha dsp 863amp. I dont have a clue where to start so could anyone help me.

i dont wanna go crazy money for these things but at the same time dnt wana buy some cheap rubbish that wont justify the system

cheers

Messiah

Do you have an overall budget in mind??

How many HDMI cables do you need? 1 from PS3 to Amp and 1 from Amp to TV?? Do they need to be a particular length??

How long does you speaker cable need to be??

A

Anonymous

I need 3 hdmi leads. 1 x 2m and 2 x 1 m was thinking qed. speaker cable for both rears will be about ten meters each the both need to go around doors so preferably slim style.

ps3 to amp virgin hd to amp ,amp to tv(2m)

fronts cable lengths are only 2m each and 1 m for the centre

budget i have no idea i want brand name stuff without goin mad looking about 100 for speaker cable an 150 - 200 for hdmi leads

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I can highly recommend Van Damme for the speaker cable. The Van Damme Blue is excellent and comes in 4mm, 2.5mm and 1.5mm sizes. The same goes for the Black. I intend re-wiring my rear runs with Van Damme Hifi 2.5mm. You don't need to go above 2.5mm IMO. It is used by the studios and PMC. I can also recommend ixos 233 flat for rears. It is only 1.7mm in diamter but has an adhesive backing so it's discrete and can be painted over. Can't you run the cable around the floor/skirting/under the carpet rather than going around the doors? If it has to be run around the doors, you'll be looking at a white discrete cable, so the ixos would be fine or maybe QED micro.

As for HDMI, see markgrant, he advertises in the magazine. His cables are excellent and are all tested. I use his HDMI cables, bettercables (for my projector run) and hdcable.co.uk Pro 2 and Octava from tmfsolutions.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response damn concrete floors beating me so no choice but to go around the door. Would the van damme blue be suited to the brightness of the rs6 and a yam dsp 863 amp??

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the link. Does anyone have these hdmi cables?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Also just noticed that MarkGrant has the Belden 5000UP in stock. £2.50 per metre for 3.1mm cable. I might pick up some myself as I've been waiting to change my fronts as I've had enough of QED SA, it's a pain in the rear to work with and I fancy a change. I have some heatshrink and z-plugs lying around somewhere.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts