Speaker / Amp Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help on some speakers/overall setup.

I have a Technics SL-1210MK2 and a friend recently gave me a Sherwood A1-2210 amplifier as a present (he upgraded to something else). Is this amplifier any good?

Regarding my speakers choice I was between the DALI Zensor 1 and Q Acoustics 2020i. The reason of my choice simply driven by budget and reading around the web.

Do you think any of these speakers would make any sense with my amplifier? If not my plan was to buy the speakers for now and as soon as I have a bit more money on the side buy a better matching amp.

Apologies for the very basic question I'm an absolute newbie. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Valerio

rainsoothe

hello, i'm kind of a newbie too, but i have recently been auditioning to some stuff in hi-fi stores. For starters, sorry, but I don't know the amp you're talking about.

Secondly, the knoledgeable people around here will ask you what kind of music you're into and stuff like that, so it might be good to write that stuff down.

I also haven't auditioned those speakers, but i've read good things about them, and also you might wanna consider Monitor Audio Bronze BX 2 - since they're close to the Dali Zensor speakers cost-wise (at least in my country).

And now, for my input - from the speakers i auditioned recently, one pair of speakers stood out from other brands, and that was XTZ 93.23. They sounded better the much higher priced speakers. Try to give those a listen.

And, best advice everyone gives around these forums, is after you get suggestions, try to audition the amps/speakers/whatevers and compare the sound, because what sounds awesome for me, might sound like a bubblegum machine to you.

goodluck and sorry I couldn't enlighten you more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts