Source...which direction to go?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Here is a very balanced thread / viewpoints about Linn KDS/1 vs Naim NDS / 555PS: http://forums.naimaudio.com/displayForumTopic/content/19447375241580186

Very nice reading...thanks a lot!

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
acalex said:
CnoEvil said:
Here is a very balanced thread / viewpoints about Linn KDS/1 vs Naim NDS / 555PS: http://forums.naimaudio.com/displayForumTopic/content/19447375241580186

ohh another one.. Nice.. Tested on a naim amp AGAIN tho :wall: Acalex when are YOU gonna compare Naim and Linn streamers? They're clearly both top of their game it's just preference.. From that review the top end ones seem just as close as the affordable ones :clap: Be good to hear your thoughts

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
BigColz said:
acalex said:
CnoEvil said:

ohh another one.. Nice.. Tested on a naim amp AGAIN tho :wall: Acalex when are YOU gonna compare Naim and Linn streamers? They're clearly both top of their game it's just preference.. From that review the top end ones seem just as close as the affordable ones :clap: Be good to hear your thoughts

I was put off from the dealer who told me the top-end Naim streamers are not really worth the price...thats why he decided not to stock it whilst it still stocks all the Linn gamma

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
acalex said:
BigColz said:
acalex said:
CnoEvil said:

I was put off from the dealer who told me the top-end Naim streamers are not really worth the price...thats why he decided not to stock it whilst it still stocks all the Linn gamma

Judging by that review it doesn't seem that bad.. Remember he's always going to push you in the direction of what he readily stocks.. How much you thinking of spending? The NDS probably isn't a big enough step up from the NDX and power supply to justify the price hike IMO do he probably has a point.. I'd rather spend less on source and more on other stuff though

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
BigColz said:
acalex said:
BigColz said:
acalex said:
CnoEvil said:

Judging by that review it doesn't seem that bad.. Remember he's always going to push you in the direction of what he readily stocks.. How much you thinking of spending? The NDS probably isn't a big enough step up from the NDX and power supply to justify the price hike IMO do he probably has a point.. I'd rather spend less on source and more on other stuff though

This is exactly what he said. He said the NDX is a fine product but the NDS does not change that much to justify the price spike, that's why he decided to stock up to the NDX. Regarding Linn he stocks the all gamma but anyway didn't have any other ex-demo in stock. I went for the Akurate DS at another shop in the end as he gave me a 25% discount offer on a model which had less than 1year and Linn full warranty (5 years)

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
acalex said:
BigColz said:
acalex said:
BigColz said:
acalex said:
CnoEvil said:

This is exactly what he said. He said the NDX is a fine product but the NDS does not change that much to justify the price spike, that's why he decided to stock up to the NDX. Regarding Linn he stocks the all gamma but anyway didn't have any other ex-demo in stock. I went for the Akurate DS at another shop in the end as he gave me a 25% discount offer on a model which had less than 1year and Linn full warranty (5 years)

Sorry i'm probably a bit behind the times.. Awesome! How are you getting on with it?

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
BigColz said:
acalex said:
BigColz said:
acalex said:
BigColz said:
acalex said:
CnoEvil said:

Sorry i'm probably a bit behind the times.. Awesome! How are you getting on with it?

Getting it home today or tomorrow! ;) I will keep you posted for sure

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts