Soundstyle z2

MrWatermelonMan

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the market for some speaker stands for my new QA 2020i's. I've narrowed my search down to Soundstyle Z2, Atacama Nexus i, or possibly the QA2000st stands. Based on What hifi reviews and price I'm inclined to go for the Z2's. Can anyone offer some insight. Another consideration is damping. Apparently the Z2's main column comes filled with ploystyrene, does this work or is it better to take this out and fill with sand or similar? Many thanks

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the Soundstyle Z2 original version and they are great for the money. I have fairly large standmounts on them for about 2-3 years and they have been brilliant. Mine are filled with atabites in the main front column and also rear smaller columns. The atabites are pretty important as they are useful for stability. Sand will probably just rust the stands from the inside out and not as heavy as metal. As the 2020i speakers are fairly small I would say the z2's should be fine or nexus 6i stands. Hope this helps. I found it most useful to go to the shop and touch the stands to see which were best and most stable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts