soundbars for Surround Sound

happyhotspur

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Not sure if I'm in the right place but here goes

I have to get rid of my wired Surround sound System due to lack of space for the wiring.

I was looking at getting a soundbar with 5.1 and have seen two that might be of interest but am not sure if they are the correct bits of kit for what I want.

The Philips Fidelio B5 and the Polk MagnifiMax SR 5.1 both of which have wireless rear speakers and would match my requirements. My budget is £700 but I really don't know how good either is and am looking for some help please.

The added issue is that I have to find out how to get the equipment delivered to Spain where I live.

Any advice on the equipment would really be appreciated as would any others to consider

Thanks in anticipation

Tony

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
If you want 5.1 then I would recommend 5.1. you can get the Cambridge audio minx 22 11 which are very small but give amazing 5..you can hide wire if you try hard enough ;-) if you go for a sound bar with rear speakers it's ok but at the 700 budget I would go for the sonos sound bar with no rears. IV just downsized to a sound bar and it's nowhere near a 5.1 system but it does a job :-(

happyhotspur

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks bigboss I looked at that alternative before but could not find any read wireless speakers that would go with my present set up of Five Jamo cube speakers Jamo Sub and the Onkyo TX-SR605 receiver. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I cannot plug the rears into a power supply as there are no plug sockets at that area of my room

Seemorbtts I would love to keep my 5.1 surround sound system but no matter what I do I have wire's trailing over a marble floor and can be seen no matter how I try to hide them.

With our new room design is just doesn't look right hence looking at the soundbar route

Scamps

Dec 3, 2021
Visit site
Hi

Not sure if I'm in the right place but here goes

I have to get rid of my wired Surround sound System due to lack of space for the wiring.

I was looking at getting a soundbar with 5.1 and have seen two that might be of interest but am not sure if they are the correct bits of kit for what I want.

The Philips Fidelio B5 and the Polk MagnifiMax SR 5.1 both of which have wireless rear speakers and would match my requirements. My budget is £700 but I really don't know how good either is and am looking for some help please.

The added issue is that I have to find out how to get the equipment delivered to Spain where I live.

Any advice on the equipment would really be appreciated as would any others to consider

Thanks in anticipation

Tony
Hi Tony
i’m in similar spot. What did you go for in the end and how’s it been? Cheers steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts