Soundbar in Corner Unit help

efiste2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
We have redecorated our Living room, and also replaced the TV stand for an oak corner unit, I have placed the Soundbar in one of the openings on the corner unit, however the sound from the soundbar is very "Echoey" for want of a better word. The soundbar is slighlty wider than the apeture so the Left and Right speakers are slightly covered by about 1/2".

The space the soundbar sits in is very deep so there is a lot of open and empty space behind it, would drilling more holes in the rear of the unit help reduce this echo effect, or could I put some form of sound deadening material behind the sound bar ?

Thanks for any advice.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
This may not be what you want to hear, but it's just the wrong place for a soundbar. I have quite a negative view of the benefits of soundbars anyway, so a poorly placed one reduces these perceived benefits even further. It's the same reason that your voice sounds different outside compared to standing in an echoey cave. You just can't expect both scenarios to sound the same.

As with all speakers, positioning has a huge effect on the results. At the very least, can you try placing the soundbar on top of the unit in front of your TV? That's where most soundbars are usually placed.

If you can't do that, then try switching your soundbar off and listening to your TV sound on its own. I would imagine it's better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts