soundbar,a compromise advice please?

farawaydave

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
try as i might and believe me i tried, she just wont go for 5.1 system with all those "ugly boxes everywhere"not even a style package. so as a compromise i thought about a soundbar or a 2.1 system. with approx £1000 to spend what would be the prefered options and what gives the better performance.my kit so far;

panasonic th50pz80

panasonic bd55

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
are you married yet? If so, it's not too late....
emotion-5.gif

What about http://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?SKUNumber=105963&Model=ACOUSTIMASS©%2010%20Series%20IV (for £800) or the smaller six range for £500?

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Also look at the Q-Acoustics QAV. Soundbar thingy for the front + a couple of rears that can be mounted high

Only thing to watch out for is if your screen isn't wall mounted you really need to get the Q-Acoustics stand which adds another £250 ish to the cost (though you do get the advantage then when ever you tilt your screen left or right the speaker moves with it).

Hi Guys,

I'm grateful to Cram for introducing our 'Q-AV' system and only slightly pained by the most significant breakthrough in speaker technology* in 50 years being described as a "Soundbar thingy" but hey.....
emotion-2.gif

The Q-AV rears can be mounted just about anywhere, high (coving), low (skirting board), rear or side walls. Obviously, floor level siting isn't recommended if you have small kids -- they might use them as chairs!

Other good news is we have reduced the price of the deicated 'Q-AV' table stand from £280 down to £150 inc vat.

Best regards,

Steve

Stevw Reichert - PR Manager, Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

* Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) drivers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts