Sound system to go with PS3 for Around £250

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all, im looking for a sound system to go with my PS3 and Xbox 360, and all that I have found that are any good are all-in-one systems which include slightly rubbish dvd players, which aren't required cus of my PS3.

I own a Panasonic 42PX70 which has pretty weak speakers so want a 5.1 system which improves on the sound and gives that extra dimension to my games. My budget is around £250.

Has anyone got any suggestions.

Ta

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You'll really struggle to find a separate systems for that price and virtually all all-in-one systems have a DVD player included. Of course just because something has a DVD player built in, it doesn't mean you have to use it since your PS3 will be superior.

I'd have a look at the Sony systems at that price - a friend of mine's Dad picked one up a few weeks ago (can't remember the model number I'm afraid) for £230 which included an iPod dock and I have to say I was very impressed with it for the cash.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick response.

Yeah I was looking for seperate speakers and an amp and was always coming up over budget. Was tempted by the Sony HT IS100 as it comes sans dvd player, but that again is too dear, so was wondering if there are any other systems that have the same setup as the HT IS100 at a lower price point?

A

Anonymous

I've recently got the Onkyo HTX-22HD - £250 for a 2.1 set-up, and then anoter £100 for the centre channel & 2 rears that match the fronts (you could use any rears I guess)

Good Points:
Great sound
No unwanted DVD player/drive
Amp built in to sub so no clutter
Decodes Master Audio and TrueHD audio (although not with PS3, as you cn't output the non-decoded signal for some stupid reason)

Bad Points:
limited connections (2x HDMI in, 1x HDMI out, 2 analogue stereo in, 2x Optical audio in)
Slightly cheap feeling remote

Would definitely recommend it - good points far out weigh the bad!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Actually, this is a very good idea - £250 will get you the 2.1 system and you can then save to get the extra centre and rears at a later date.

And the Onkyo HTX-22HD will accept LPCM via the HDMI as well meaning you'll be getting HD audio from your PS3 - perfect!ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I'll back up the Onkyo 22HD. My brother recently got one for his PS3 and it's great value for money. Better connectivity than most all in one DVD systems.

A

Anonymous

Thats a great idea, never thought of going 2.1 before hand and upgrading later. Forgive my ignorance, but what do you use the HDMI output on the system for? I assume the ps3 and tv are ther inputs or is this incorrect?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts