sound quality

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi ive just purchased a Rega Apollo cd player to go with my Roksan amp and Monitor Audio BR5 speakers,using Audioquest Ruby interconnect and Qed qudos speaker cable. Trouble is it sounds a bit harsh on vocals,everything else fine.Is there anything i could to eliminate this.

A

Anonymous

hifial:Hi ive just purchased a Rega Apollo cd player to go with my Roksan amp and Monitor Audio BR5 speakers,using Audioquest Ruby interconnect and Qed qudos speaker cable. Trouble is it sounds a bit harsh on vocals,everything else fine.Is there anything i could to eliminate this.

Hifial - yes, there is, wait - just give it some time - a couple of weeks in fact. Then see if you dislike it.

A

Anonymous

What Graham say's is true, so don't worry it's not a placebo effect Once run in you will have a smile from ear to ear.

A

Anonymous

It's partly running in, and partly your ear adjusting to the new sound, I think.

What was your previous player? It could be the Apollo is that much better at resolving detail, so now you're hearing clearly what was veiled before.

A

Anonymous

My old cd player was a Technics had it for about 15 years.Should i leave the interconnect and speaker cable.

A

Anonymous

hifial:My old cd player was a Technics had it for about 15 years.Should i leave the interconnect and speaker cable.
yep-for now. As others have said, let your cdp run in propely, then i would think about upgrading to chord carnival silverscreen or the cobra mk3...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts