Sound problem Yamaha rx-v1065

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just installed my Yamaha rx-v 1065 and connected it with mij BR player and digital tv.

Just watched my first blu ray movie(Valkyrie)and I have the impression that the sound delivered from the digital tv settop box

is clearer than the sound of the br.

What could be the problem here?

I have a Pana 50G10,dmp 80 and a 5.1 set Elac FS Speakers.

I also ran the auto set up.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
[*]How is everything connected?[*]What audio settings are you using on the Bluray player?[*]What are the speaker and bass management (crossover) settings used on the amp? It is often a good idea to check the results of auto setup and make manual adjustments
kPfRLewAJVEQ0AAAAASUVORK5CYII%3D

A

Anonymous

Everything is connected by hdmi.

But there's one thing i've noticed.During the film the sound was not 100%.The center was to soft and the fronts to loud(I did not change anything in the settings)

But when watching the specials(making of)the sound was good.

A

Anonymous

Are here any Yamaha rx-v1065 users here?Does someone know if its normal when watching blu ray,you can't choose a dsp mode?Just watched my 2 first BR's and I wasn't convinced at all.When watching a dvd(assault on precinct 13)the sound was much better than with BR.

Someone who has an explination or wants to give tips for settings?

A

Anonymous

I have enjoyed my Yahama rxv-1065 for a couple of months now and think the sound is brilliant but do not have a blue ray system, so cant help with advice exept to say contact Yamaha Technical customer service on 0870 4445575 from uk.

I have found them to be first class when I had a set up problem which is now solved and am very pleased with the AMP.

John

A

Anonymous

I have a panasonic dmp bd 80 together with the receiver.In the settings menu I had Mpeg audio on pcm instead of bitstream.Could that be the problem??

A

Anonymous

GREENFROG93:

I have enjoyed my Yahama rxv-1065 for a couple of months now and think the sound is brilliant but do not have a blue ray system, so cant help with advice exept to say contact Yamaha Technical customer service on 0870 4445575 from uk.

I have found them to be first class when I had a set up problem which is now solved and am very pleased with the AMP.

John

So John, any clues in your set-up problem that might help with the original post?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
You have selected the correct / best audio format on the disc?

Also - how many Blu Rays have you tried? as there does seem to be a lot of variation between discs. I've been really pleased with my 1065 but I did watch 'The Wrestler' this week and thought it sounded awful.

A

Anonymous

Is the problem only with Bluray ? if so I cant help as I only have: Panasonic dvd recorder/player. Humax foxsat with HDMI.

Sky box & Phono Turntable with analog inputs.

John

A

Anonymous

My set up problem was just the Panasonic DVD recorder player was defaulting to standard from 1080p everytime I switched off anything. I now switch on TV first followed by the Yahama amp and then the DVD recorder and it now works everytime.

No problems with the sound at all and the system is improving with use.

Regards

John

A

Anonymous

The problem was that I had to chance some settings,now it sounds great!

TRENDING THREADS