Sound and Vision in Manchester 2010?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hallo,

We visited Sound and Vision Manchester 2009. We would like visiting this event in 2010 again.

Is there a Sound and Vision in Manchester in 2010? If so, what is the date of the event?

Regards,

Bart

A

Anonymous

Clare, Andrew,

Thanks for the response. I will check for tickets and hotelavailibility so we can visit the Sound and Vision in Manchester again.

Regards,

Bart

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Cool i live in manchester and went for the first time to any sound and vision show last year .not knowing what to expect as a noob OMG i was mind boggled with all the demos . Just a brill.... all round day out

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Diary filled in for this year's (what the kids call) nerdy dad's day out. Followed by a curry in Rusholme and some beers....bliss....

When you're booking in the exhibitors though guys, can you ask them to bring a greater selection of music along so that we can reduce the jazz club ambience. There is only so much acousticy woman jazz vocal smooth sax type music I can take.

Rock on!!!

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Andrew

Do the organisers (Audio-T) have full control over who displays at the show. Or is it a closed shop with manufacturers that supply their shops only.

Would be good if EB Acoustics displayed their wares. What do you think Ricky? I know your busy with orders at the moment, but it would be good for the Hifi fraternity to see your speakers in person.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
If it's anything like the Bristol Show it's open to anyone, there was way more in the Show than Audio-T stock and categories they don't even stock (ie vinyl retailers).

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Am I lucky or what? I will be in UK for a vacation in Oct and coincidently, it will be around the same time the show is in Manchester. Will be in UK 8 to 18th Oct. Mostly in Brighton.

Now will need to find a way to persuade the Mrs to go to the midlands for a few days. :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
El Hefe:
Am I lucky or what? I will be in UK for a vacation in Oct and coincidently, it will be around the same time the show is in Manchester. Will be in UK 8 to 18th Oct. Mostly in Brighton.

Now will need to find a way to persuade the Mrs to go to the midlands for a few days. :)

Manchester in the Midlands? You'd better not say that if you come up here, the locals will set their whippets on you.

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
El Hefe:

Tell her you will take her shoe shopping in Kendals and for some cocktails in the Hilton cloud 23 bar that should persuade her.
http://www.cloud23bar.com/

I also can not wait for the show I live about 3 miles from it, so might make day of it and with it being my birthday on the 12th well then a night. I was suppose to be working 12.00 to 24.00 sat and sun but managed to get the weekend off. So jobs a good one.

Enjoy your trip over El Hefe

Dean

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
whoops ! Just did a double check prior to leaving for the station to travel to Manchester for the show - and boy am I glad I did, as I would have been a month early. Doh !

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You know, I was going to say something when you posted that on Wednesday, then I thought 'Nah, he must realise - perhaps it's a 28-day advance saver thing on the train tickets or something...'

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
yea, well, they were Advance tickets and I couldn't get a refund but I did manage to change them for the correct date, less an admin fee.

I was convinced it was this weekend - I've had it on the calendar for ages - and all references online and in the mag clearly show October, but I guess it's just word blindness.

Only reason I checked was to double check the venue, as some online references are to the show at the Marriott Hotel.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
ah bobbins, i live in manchester and just realise i fly out to turkey on the friday night. enjoy yourself anybody that gets the chance to go as its a great day out (if last year was anything to go by) and a brilliant experience seeing and hearing all the lovely kit under one roof.

A

Anonymous

I'm just wondering. if I buy something from the Manchester Show and it's faulty when i get home or goes faulty how or who would I retutrn the product to. The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of buying a Sonos system if there are any deals. At the gadget show they were handing out leaflets which had 10% discount from an online store. Would a similar thing happen here?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The show is run by retailers Audio-T in conjunction with Sevenoaks, with fulfillment/support from those stores. There are always decent deals to be had, too - but we rarely get info on exact offers until day before the show. Watch our blog for info!

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I've got a bit of a wish list jotted down. I'll have a root around the net the day before to get some prices to compare the deals. Some of the stuff I want though i would like buy at the show after having a chat with manufacturers. I think it's only fair on them.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Does any one know if the Rega DAC will be making an appearance at Manchester

Cheers

A

Anonymous

on the floor plans you can see how to get about (as you would expect), but what's happening with the Galileo Suite - it seems to float in space with no way of getting to it?

I did notice that there seems to be some Altar set up for WHF with big columns and walls surrounding it. Wonder if there will be gates too?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts