Sound and Vision in Manchester 2010?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hallo,

We visited Sound and Vision Manchester 2009. We would like visiting this event in 2010 again.

Is there a Sound and Vision in Manchester in 2010? If so, what is the date of the event?

Regards,

Bart

A

Anonymous

Clare, Andrew,

Thanks for the response. I will check for tickets and hotelavailibility so we can visit the Sound and Vision in Manchester again.

Regards,

Bart

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Cool i live in manchester and went for the first time to any sound and vision show last year .not knowing what to expect as a noob OMG i was mind boggled with all the demos . Just a brill.... all round day out

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Diary filled in for this year's (what the kids call) nerdy dad's day out. Followed by a curry in Rusholme and some beers....bliss....

When you're booking in the exhibitors though guys, can you ask them to bring a greater selection of music along so that we can reduce the jazz club ambience. There is only so much acousticy woman jazz vocal smooth sax type music I can take.

Rock on!!!

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Andrew

Do the organisers (Audio-T) have full control over who displays at the show. Or is it a closed shop with manufacturers that supply their shops only.

Would be good if EB Acoustics displayed their wares. What do you think Ricky? I know your busy with orders at the moment, but it would be good for the Hifi fraternity to see your speakers in person.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
If it's anything like the Bristol Show it's open to anyone, there was way more in the Show than Audio-T stock and categories they don't even stock (ie vinyl retailers).

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Am I lucky or what? I will be in UK for a vacation in Oct and coincidently, it will be around the same time the show is in Manchester. Will be in UK 8 to 18th Oct. Mostly in Brighton.

Now will need to find a way to persuade the Mrs to go to the midlands for a few days. :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
El Hefe:
Am I lucky or what? I will be in UK for a vacation in Oct and coincidently, it will be around the same time the show is in Manchester. Will be in UK 8 to 18th Oct. Mostly in Brighton.

Now will need to find a way to persuade the Mrs to go to the midlands for a few days. :)

Manchester in the Midlands? You'd better not say that if you come up here, the locals will set their whippets on you.

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
El Hefe:

Tell her you will take her shoe shopping in Kendals and for some cocktails in the Hilton cloud 23 bar that should persuade her.
http://www.cloud23bar.com/

I also can not wait for the show I live about 3 miles from it, so might make day of it and with it being my birthday on the 12th well then a night. I was suppose to be working 12.00 to 24.00 sat and sun but managed to get the weekend off. So jobs a good one.

Enjoy your trip over El Hefe

Dean

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
whoops ! Just did a double check prior to leaving for the station to travel to Manchester for the show - and boy am I glad I did, as I would have been a month early. Doh !

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You know, I was going to say something when you posted that on Wednesday, then I thought 'Nah, he must realise - perhaps it's a 28-day advance saver thing on the train tickets or something...'

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
yea, well, they were Advance tickets and I couldn't get a refund but I did manage to change them for the correct date, less an admin fee.

I was convinced it was this weekend - I've had it on the calendar for ages - and all references online and in the mag clearly show October, but I guess it's just word blindness.

Only reason I checked was to double check the venue, as some online references are to the show at the Marriott Hotel.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
ah bobbins, i live in manchester and just realise i fly out to turkey on the friday night. enjoy yourself anybody that gets the chance to go as its a great day out (if last year was anything to go by) and a brilliant experience seeing and hearing all the lovely kit under one roof.

A

Anonymous

I'm just wondering. if I buy something from the Manchester Show and it's faulty when i get home or goes faulty how or who would I retutrn the product to. The reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of buying a Sonos system if there are any deals. At the gadget show they were handing out leaflets which had 10% discount from an online store. Would a similar thing happen here?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The show is run by retailers Audio-T in conjunction with Sevenoaks, with fulfillment/support from those stores. There are always decent deals to be had, too - but we rarely get info on exact offers until day before the show. Watch our blog for info!

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I've got a bit of a wish list jotted down. I'll have a root around the net the day before to get some prices to compare the deals. Some of the stuff I want though i would like buy at the show after having a chat with manufacturers. I think it's only fair on them.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Does any one know if the Rega DAC will be making an appearance at Manchester

Cheers

A

Anonymous

on the floor plans you can see how to get about (as you would expect), but what's happening with the Galileo Suite - it seems to float in space with no way of getting to it?

I did notice that there seems to be some Altar set up for WHF with big columns and walls surrounding it. Wonder if there will be gates too?

TRENDING THREADS