Sound and Plasma TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am in the process of building a home cinema room (parquet floor, painted walls and curtains/blinds so far :)) .

The room is 13 x 13 feet. The TV will be in a viewing distance of 10-11 feet.

I was planning to buy the Samsung PS64D8000 plasma.

Is the 64" TV to big for my viewing distance or is it fine?

I will be watching both SD (old DVDs and cable TV) and HD (Blu-ray, Sky HD, PS3) content.

Also, I am planning to buy the RX6 AV package together with the Pioneer LX83.

Will the sound be too much for the size of the room?

Regards,

abriffa

A

Anonymous

I think the screen is too big, the amp and speakers should be fine.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
With regard to the sound, don't buy purely on reviews, without listening for yourself.

I also think the TV is too big. Spend less on a smaller TV, which then allows this saving to be spent in other areas.

A

Anonymous

I don't like projectors to be honest. Also after reading a lot on viewing distances and such, it seems 64 inch is fine for 9-12 feet of viewing, so I think I am fine there.

Also I can only buy on reviews as we don't get anything where I live. Have heard the RS6 AV (I managed to find them here) and I liked them, that's why I am going for the RX6 AV12.

A

Anonymous

I can only use reviews for sound as where I live we don't get anything. I only managed to listen to the RS6 AV package and I liked them very much so opted to go for the RX6 AV12.

Regarding the TV, I made some research and 64" TV are good from a viewing distance of 9-12 feet. So I guess I am good there? I can get the 64 inch?

Regarding projector... I like the picture of a plasma TV better :)

Thanks

My 50-inch plasma from 9 feet distance is perfect. But I couldn't watch a 60-inch TV from 9 feet. Pictures were blurry & fast moving pictures was a bit nauseating. I think a 64 inch plasma should be fine, but definitely check it out in a shop & standing away from the TV at a distance equal to your viewing distance. Play a DVD, a blu-ray disc & a scene with fast motion. Also check an SD channel to see if you like the picture. If you're happy with your TV's performance, then go for it! :)

A

Anonymous

Great advise from BB, most people when asked what they would change about their new TV, say they wished they got a bigger one, so if you bought a smaller one when you have the budget for the bigger one, you may always be saying what if, so do as BB suggests.

The sound package is a great option, and you don't have to run it at full pelt.

A

Anonymous

Hi again,

Today I went to see the Panasonic VT30E. I must say the picture was amazing, although they had only the 50" in stock.

The D8000 is not in stock where I live however I can buy it on order, but I can not view it.

Here's what I need answered.

1. Is there a difference between the VT30E and VT30B??

2. The 65VT30E costs 3450 Euros, the 64D8000 costs 3150 Euros, while the 55VT30E costs 2300 Euros. Which is a better TV for my needs for 10 feet viewing distance? So Panasonic vs Samsung? Which one?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts