Sorry folkes !!!

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I was at the manchester show this afternoon & thought i would listen to naim, i've been wanting to do this for a while but finally got a chance today & to be honest i was more impressed with the Bose 2.1 computer speakers i heard in comet a few day's ago, don't get me wrong the naim wasn't bad it was quite good but they cost about two grand & i wasn't impressed enough to consider paying out two grand.

matthewpiano

Don't be sorry - you are entitled to your opinion. For what it's worth, I've been to the show for the last two years and Naim has disappointed me on both occasions. Last year I though their room sounded pretty dreadful to be honest. Will be having another listen tomorrow though, with an open mind!

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
i agree Naim sounds poor compaired to other demos . Naim use there own speakers in there demo room which could be the weak link

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
When i went to the show on saturday as i had ordered the ticket online i was told that i had already entered the competition & that all the award winners were in the competition, i automatically assumed that some lucky person was going to win a truck load of gear gadget show style, when i was leaving later on in the afternoon i had to ask someone if it was one item per person in the competition & was told yes. :O

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
slewis said:
When i went to the show on saturday as i had ordered the ticket online i was told that i had already entered the competition & that all the award winners were in the competition, i automatically assumed that some lucky person was going to win a truck load of gear gadget show style, when i was leaving later on in the afternoon i had to ask someone if it was one item per person in the competition & was told yes. :O

Err, what's the relevance to the NAIM speakers?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Ovators that were running off the SuperUniti, Naim had somehow got them to sound like their old speakers, but in our demo room they sounded fuller, more rounded. As soon as I heard them I thought that Naim were on to a winner with them. They may not quite be as room friendly as their other designs, but to me they seemed far more in line with what more people would go for in a speaker. They sounded far tighter and leaner at the show though. A lot of speaker for £3k.

slewis said:
I was at the manchester show this afternoon & thought i would listen to naim, i've been wanting to do this for a while but finally got a chance today & to be honest i was more impressed with the Bose 2.1 computer speakers i heard in comet a few day's ago, don't get me wrong the naim wasn't bad it was quite good but they cost about two grand & i wasn't impressed enough to consider paying out two grand.

This is the problem I've always had with exhibitions. Generally speaker either a company has their kit in a huge open plan area where they're competing next to another - sometimes cheaper - brand or they're confined to a private suit which usually doen't flatter the acoustics.

I've only been to a couple: The last was the Novetel in London and I had a similar experience with Roksan. They were slap bang opposite Cambridge stand and Cambridge had their amp at silly volumes, consequently drowned out the Kandy, even at close quarters.

I'm pretty sure if you were to listen to the same Naim set-up as the Bose in the same room and next to each other your views will change.

Blimey, I'm sounding like a Naim fanboy!;)

kevin7.1

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I was less than impressed with the speakers Naim were using in their room. Shocked in fact by what i heard. but thankfully there was naim kit in other rooms that sounded great in different setups so i guess i learnt something about auditioning and partnering Kit

Stand out for me was the Neat Acoustics' Iota speakers on a Naim source i think it was a network or all in one player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts