Sorry! Dolby digital again this time from SKY HD box via Yam DSP-AX863SE

terrymoon

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to get auto detected Dolby D signal from my SKY HD box. I have set up with HDMI and optical cables and set the audio output from the Sky box to Dolby digital as directed. The Yamaha manual leads me to believe that the DD signal will be auto detected and processed via the "STRAIGHT" function but the only way I can get surround sound is via the "SURROUND DECODE" function. I have made various adjustments to the input menu without success and if I select the "AUDIO SELECT" in the "COAX/OPT" mode i get no sound. Any ideas please on where I am going wrong?

A

Anonymous

I have the exact same system and i had the exact same problem. On the amp remote press the audio button and select opt/coax. This should do it.

terrymoon

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the response, I had assigned the optical in to DTV/CBL so it should work. The strange thing is that although it is the only optical cable being used the menu will not let me use 1 input it forces me to choose either NONE or 2! I have reset the amp via the auto setup this morning but with no change. Should i try using a different input jack for the optical cable ( i have changed the cable to eradicate a cable fault).

terrymoon

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
The penny has finally dropped! Having taken a magnifying glass to the manual my connection is no. 4 not 1 which has allowed me to assign and is now working. Thanks for your help

Qwalme

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
So what did you have to change on the Amp - I have the same (but just Sky+) and want to be sure I have it right.

Cheers.

TRENDING THREADS