Sony STRDN1030

Mainiac

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, Im thinking about getting the above amp question is...

would it work fine with my QA 1010i speakers which recomnend 6 Ohms, think amp says 8 Ohms??

not up to speed with ohms :)

cheers

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The speakers don't recommend 6 Ohms, they ARE 6 ohms. The amp should be able to handle them perfectly ok though, you may need to flick a switch on the back or make an adjustment in the settings to inform the amp though.

A

Anonymous

Can't find an option to alter this setting on the receiver. Does this mean I should really exclude 6 ohm speakers from my decision over what to match with this receiver? I see What Hi-Fi pair the receiver with Dali sets which are both 6 ohm in the Feb edition of the mag. Help!

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
MBradshaw said:
Can't find an option to alter this setting on the receiver. Does this mean I should really exclude 6 ohm speakers from my decision over what to match with this receiver? I see What Hi-Fi pair the receiver with Dali sets which are both 6 ohm in the Feb edition of the mag. Help!

Nothing to worry about.

To quote the amp does it all for you when you use the" Advanced Digital Cinema Auto Calibration (DCAC) it optimises the settings, including Automatic Phase Matching of speakers, to your room's requirements - at the touch of a button".

This would include the use of 6 ohm or 8 ohm speakers if there is nothing in the A/V menu it would be set when calibrating.

Regards ...

Bogleg

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
In the original review of this, it was said that careful matching of the speakers would be needed. What package, with a comparable price to the amp would you recommend?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts