sony strda2400es v yamaha rxv765

APNASSER

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Looking at purchasing one of these receivers and just wondered if anyone out there had any experience of these two regarding sound quality and specs etc?

I'll be running through a dedicated sub sat package or using my hifi set up for the fronts and adding surrounds, centre and sub to match my spendor s6e's.

Music is important in the overall scheme as well.

A

Anonymous

I have a sony 2400es matched to KEF2005.3 speakers, and the sound quality is great for both music and movies.

Playback of lossless flacks is especially good.

U cant go wrong with either of these 2 for around the £400-450 mark. Though u might want to wait till June for the Sony STR-DN1010 which will be hdmi 1.4 with 3d passthrough to futureproof yourself for around the same price.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to inject a note of caution, but if you are looking for an AV amp to partner your Spendors, I really think you should be thinking of spending at least three times as much to get the best out of them - something like the Yamaha Z7, for example.

APNASSER

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
What is the difference between the yamaha 765 and 1065 as there is currently a difference in price across retailers of £100.

APNASSER

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorreltiger, thanks for the input, if I found that the quality was too poor to accept then I would probably keep my existing hifi amp and spendors running independently to the av side.

The other option is to pre out of the av amp and use my hifi amp to drive the spendors in the set up as suggested by Boca on an earlier thread.

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I have the sony 2400 with a 5.1 set up consisting of KEF Cresta's. It's a great sounding amp with plenty of welly, great on films but I think it's also very good amp for music. I use it with the Cresta 2s i have as a front pair and love the sound, be that with CD or FLAC rips. Should it not be to your taste musically, it does have pre outs for partnering with a stereo amp to go with your hi fi speakers.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I realised that I had missed your mention of taking the 'pre-out option' just after my previous post! I'm sure it would give you incomparably better sound quality than a new system with style speakers. You'd be into a completely different league budget-wise as well, however, but if you're used to a very high level of performance from your hi-fi, you might be underwhelmed by a budget AV system!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts