SONY STRDA2400ES AND BOSE SPEAKERS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the advice yesterday. I need to ask another question. I have been handed down a Bose Acoustimass 5 series 3 surround sound system with 5 cube speakers and a non powered sub. I know theyre not everyones choice but i am hoping they will do until i can afford some Kefs. The thing is i dont know if the sub will work with the Sony receiver as from what i can see it operates by wiring it inline with two of the cube speakers. This must surely prevent fine adjustments to the two speakers linked to it. Can i wire it in an alternative way so it operates seperately as per the Sony handbook or should i be looking at a powered sub that can work with the cubes ? Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
by "non-powered sub" do you mean passive? Your amp will (most likely) not work with a passive sub (I've never seen a home cinema, other than "all-in-one" systems which does).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The Acoustimass 5 is a 2 speaker system with a bass module. The satellites connect through the bass module so that it takes the bass away from the satellite. Connecting the satellites directly to an amplifier will probably end up damaging them.

It is safer to use it as it was intended, without the extra speakers.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
ear:just choose no sub.front speakers large.send all the frequencies above 40 hz to them

That should probably grenade them quite successfully. The Bose bass modules - not subwoofers - tend to run up much higher than that, and so the main speakers roll in at quite a high frequency.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew

do you think it is worth trying to get decent sound out of these Bose speakers or should i just sell and put the proceeds towards something more suitable as Claire mentions ? As i say i was hoping to make do for a while.

TRENDING THREADS