Sony STR-DG820 vs Onkyo 606 vs Onkyo 875 (sound)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After reading the review just posted, it looks like the new Sony's a good 'un.

Does anyone know how it compares to the Onkyos for movies and music? Sure, there's a bit of a price difference, but if it really is that good then maybe it's worth getting instead (i.e. if you don't need the upscaling).

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
radicalbyte:
After reading the review just posted, it looks like the new Sony's a good 'un.

Does anyone know how it compares to the Onkyos for movies and music? Sure, there's a bit of a price difference, but if it really is that good then maybe it's worth getting instead (i.e. if you don't need the upscaling).

If you don't need upscaling, upconversion or pre-outs it's a no brainer. play.com have it at £250 delivered (when they get stock in).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:

If you don't need upscaling, upconversion or pre-outs it's a no brainer. play.com have it at £250 delivered (when they get stock in).

That pretty much sums it up! If you leave functionality out of the equation, the Sony is a performance-per-pound knockout.

The Onkyo 875, however, is in a different league.

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Don't know about the Sony but the 875 is sensational truly recommended I upgrade from the 606 and the 875 is on a different planet.

In the hot deals Forum you asked

How're the Quad Lites musically? I really like them, but before I upgraded my amp I got a L2 centre (cheap on ebay and was/still will get a pair of 11L2 or 12L2) because I was not happy with the fronts for music, but now I am using the 875 they sound way better. Hope this helps

Gary

A

Anonymous

Excellent, thanks. I've got the 875 as my main system, for movies and music. Probably going to buy the Lites to go with that.

This Sony system looks perfect for my console room :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts