Sony STR-DA2400ES vs ONKYO 605 and which will work best with QUAD LITE?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys
Im looking to spend some money! I currently have the Onkyo 605 with the Quad Lite speaker package and sub with QED speaker cables and QED hdmi. Now im looking to upgrade for something with better music capabilities for when I play CD's or MP3s etc. Would getting the Sony be going down the right route, or is the Onkyo not the problem? Dont get me wrong the Onkyo is good, especially with movies, but i just feel that the music sound from a CD or MP3 could be better. Unless thats the Quads letting it down?
Any help would be much appreciated :)
many thanks
J

A

Anonymous

Hi, I would say the Sony is a good bet having read the reviews and following on from the reputation the 1200ES had.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the response. Does anybody have any ideas of the benefits I would get from upgrading to the Sony?
Cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JCS123:thanks for the response. Does anybody have any ideas of the benefits I would get from upgrading to the Sony?
Cheers

I wouldn't bother. I'm sure that the 2400es and the Yamaha are superior to the 605 but not by a huge amount. Upgrading to next years better product at that price range is a waste. I would wait another year and upgrade elsewhere in the meantime.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:JCS123:thanks for the response. Does anybody have any ideas of the benefits I would get from upgrading to the Sony?
Cheers

I wouldn't bother. I'm sure that the 2400es and the Yamaha are superior to the 605 but not by a huge amount. Upgrading to next years better product at that price range is a waste. I would wait another year and upgrade elsewhere in the meantime.

I just read your post again. You could get a stereo amp but I'm not sure that the 605 has front left and right pre outs. If it doesn't, yep the Sony or Yam would be a lot better with cds and they both have pre outs if you wanted to add a stereo amp in the future.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advice, maybe best waiting for a while then? I dont think having a stereo amp is possible for me as I am already limited on space for my stand (only just managed to squeeze in my new panasonic bd35 blue ray!)

How much would i notice (over the Onkyo) for the playback of cds and music from the line in if i upgraded to the sony da2400?

cheers

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JCS123:thanks for the advice, maybe best waiting for a while then? I dont think having a stereo amp is possible for me as I am already limited on space for my stand (only just managed to squeeze in my new panasonic bd35 blue ray!)

How much would i notice (over the Onkyo) for the playback of cds and music from the line in if i upgraded to the sony da2400?

cheers

I used to have the 1200es and now have the 3400es. They are both very good in stereo compared to other receivers in that price range. The 2400es review on this website/mag mentioned it's capabilty with cds. The Onkyo 605 was always a little behind the 1200es for stereo playback so I would say that the 2400es would be a decent improvement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts