Sony STR DA2400ES, or wait for the new Denon/Yamaha/Sony receivers?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone have an opinion on the above question?

The Sony was recently back in stock, so I assume more will be on the way?

With the Onkyo 607 out, and initial reviews that are not setting the AV amp world alight, we have the following to look forward to:

The New Sony STR-DN1000 ($500), which will be replacing which current model? 2400es? Or 920/820? I see it's out in July?

The new Yamaha RX-V765 is now available to pre order on some sites. I've seen it for £550, and is meant to be the replacement for the 863se? But it's not UK tuned, so will it be any good? (As least it's a receiver now!!)

Lastly, the New Denon AVR 1910 looks very interesting. Replacement for the 1909, but UK tuned!!! At £480, is this the amp we will all be waiting for? Again, it reaches the UK in June.

Worth waiting for, or not?

Anyone?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Pistol Pete1:
Does anyone have an opinion on the above question?

The Sony was recently back in stock, so I assume more will be on the way?

With the Onkyo 607 out, and initial reviews that are not setting the AV amp world alight, we have the following to look forward to:

The New Sony STR-DN1000 ($500), which will be replacing which current model? 2400es? Or 920/820? I see it's out in July?

The new Yamaha RX-V765 is now available to pre order on some sites. I've seen it for £550, and is meant to be the replacement for the 863se? But it's not UK tuned, so will it be any good? (As least it's a receiver now!!)

Lastly, the New Denon AVR 1910 looks very interesting. Replacement for the 1909, but UK tuned!!! At £480, is this the amp we will all be waiting for? Again, it reaches the UK in June.

Worth waiting for, or not?

Anyone?

You could wait and then the 2400es will be cheaper. Or you could look at it that the 2400es is excellent and any improvements at that price range will be small, so buy now.

A

Anonymous

Depends on whether you can wait. We'll only know whether it is worth the wait after actually waiting for the amps to hit the market and be reviewed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts