Sony STR - DA 1200 ES connceting to a PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I hope that someone can help, I would like to experience full HD surround sound from my bluray discs but am unsure if my amp is compatible with the PS3 to offer this? I have seen somewhere about Linear Pcm? I currently connect my PS3 to my tv via Hdmi and to my amp via digital out, so I get excellent dolby digital/dts but can't get the DTS HD etc. Many thanks

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
The HDMI inputs on the 1200ES are for passthrough only i.e. switching. The 1200ES cannot process audio over HDMI. I'm afraid the PS3 and 1200ES are incompatible as far as HD audio goes. You will have to stick with the older vanilla formats over optical for now.

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks a lot, thought as much, looks like I'll have to keep my eye out for a new amp then, which is a shame beacuse otherwise it's been excellent.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hallgan:Ok thanks a lot, thought as much, looks like I'll have to keep my eye out for a new amp then, which is a shame beacuse otherwise it's been excellent.

Or, if you can live without games, sell your PS3 and with the money get a new BDPS550 and three pairs of RCA cables and you will get HD audio through the 1200es and a better picture than your PS3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts