Sony remote is operating two Sony Blu-ray players

BruceUK

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I've just bought the Sony X800M2 UHD Blu-ray player. I already have another Sony Blu-ray player, which is multi-region (the S3700). I've now discovered that the remote for the new player is also operating the other one!

Is there a way I can set up a unique ID for each remote to stop this happening? I can't see anything in the user manual about it.

Hope someone can come up with an answer!

Samd

There's a lot of traffic on the web about this problem and the only real solution is to turn one off at the mains switch. If you Google "remote working on 2 sony bd players" one answer appeared to work but was beyond my comprehension!!

D

Deleted member 196306

I’ve had the same problem before but with Oppo players (I think) and the only option I could personally work out was to split them up. Can you still return for a refund and buy a Panasonic for example player instead?

BruceUK

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
BigBoss: I have two players because one is a 4K player (Regions B/2 only for BDs/DVDs) and the other is a multi-region Blu-ray/DVD player.

Pioneer81: Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried moving one of the players away, but my scope for that is limited and the remotes both seem to cover a wide angle, so that didn't work.

Unplugging one of the players every time would not be a practicable option. But I suppose I could just use the players' buttons for power on/off and tray open/close - after all I have to go to the player anyway to insert or remove a disc. There might still be some issues with that approach though - I'll give it a try over the weekend.

I've already told the store (Richer Sounds) about the problem and they are very helpful but confirmed that Sony remotes all have the same code. They suggested I might like to exchange the X800 for the Panasonic UB820, but they're out of stock of the Panny and said it would probably be several weeks before they got it again! I really don't know if they would be willing to give me a refund - I'll have to ask them on Monday.

If I can get a refund, I'm tempted to just get a multi-region Sony X700 UHD UHD Blu-ray from Multi-Region Magic and that could be my single disc player.

BruceUK

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
Hi Samd,

Thanks for your suggestion of a remote-controlled power socket. That sounds a good way to go, but I find that Amazon page rather confusing - or maybe I'm just being dense. As I understand it, one power socket plus remote is for controlling one device - but the third image is showing a remote with five numbered pairs of buttons. I assume that isn't part of this product.

I think I will see first if Richer Sounds are willing to give me a refund on the X800, as that Sony X700 multi-region player from MRM would then be my best option. It would also simplify slightly the maze of leads in my installation! But if not, then I'll look into your suggestion.

Samd

In case your refund falls through, Amazon, for example, sells a range of these, many of which are voice controlled if that's your preference. The additional buttons on the other example are for selecting different sockets. With hindsight, I do not think that example would be one I would select - sorry!

Amazon Remote Controlled Sockets

BruceUK

Sep 18, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I've just been looking at those. I think just the two sockets with the three-button remote would be fine for my needs. Thanks a lot for your help.

D

Deleted member 196519

Just to let know, I got a refund from Richer Sounds for the X800 (they couldn't have been more helpful) , so I've now bought the multi-region X700 from MRM, which can now be my single disc player. So it worked out fine in the end.
Nice one! (y)

D

Deleted member 196519

I have an OPPO and a CA, which use the same codes. The CA has the option of toggling between three codesets, which solves the problem. Not sure about the OPPO.
To be honest it could’ve been the Oppo and CA players I had the problem with (I lose track). Cool - thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts