Sony Owners Correct Settings Club

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all Happy New Year and all that.

Have bought myself a Sony DA5400ES amp and a Sony BDP-S370 Blu Ray P.

As all Sonys seem to use the same excellent Cross Media Bar Settings can you all point me in the right direction on settings please. I think, having owned these just before Christmas that I have set it all up to the best of their abilitys but Im still a novice and want clarification.

I have set the amp mostly to auto settings and its all working well but if Im honest I still dont truely understand what DLL and HATS etc .. mean. So can someone out there tell me my best settings options please ? I also use the Blu Ray for cd playback, so again best audio settings would be appreciated. All the relevant Dolby HD lights are on and working so I think its all good but its always nice to know for 100% certain that I have it all correct.

Same really with the Blu Ray player - have set it up on advice from these forums so think Im pretty much done but again want to know for certain. Still intrigued on some settings - for example video settings have set to standard with FNR,BNR AND MNR ( whatever they mean ) to off - which are the basic settings so have not messed with. The only things I did change, on advise, are putting Audio DRC to Wide Range if thats right ? Still dont really understand what it all means.

Really pleased with both amp and Blu Ray ( was considering upgrading but its so good will hold off for now ) but would be nice to wrap this all up in one handy forum.

Thanks to WHF Team for giving us this excellent forum and thanks to all in advance for helping us novices out.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
emotion-6.gif

Blimey,

Have I done something wrong ? Almost 100 views and no one to post even the slightest help or reply ? Thats not like you lot ?

I know theirs loads of you out there with at least the BDP-S370 even if Im in the minority with the amp !

Come on peeps, any help will do ???

A

Anonymous

You have had probably had no replies because it's all working, as long as the amp shows HD sound formats, you have it set on wide range on the blu ray and your happy with sound, I would not worry, just enjoy your excellent system.

Try connecting the analogue outputs on the 370 to your amp and see if it sounds better to you, but I'm sure the DAC ( digital to analogue converter) in the AVR from the HDMI will be better than the one in the 370.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok cheers Markjaspi.

Still think I could be missing something, will try the analogue idea though at some point but do tend to agree with your conclusion that the DAC in the amp will be far superior. Its all those hidden tweaks that intrigue me. But thanks for taking the time to reply.

Any other comments still most welcome.

TRENDING THREADS