Hi this question is for Clare Newsome

I am new to this and i need help

Can you please tell me out of these two lcd tvs which one is better

Sony Bravia KDL-32S3000 or Panasonic TX-32LMD70

Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We haven't tested either of those sets, i'm afraid, but I know they're stripped-down, entry-level models - you can buy better: either spend more on the next-step up Sony/Panasonic or buy the excellent Samsung LE32R87BD, our budget 32in TV Award winner.

A

Anonymous

I had the Samsung LE32R87BD but it got stolen last sat night

how do you mean they are stripped down, entry level models

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your TV being stolen.

Re models - if you use the 'Compare products' section on the Sony website, for example, you'll see the 'D' model offers 1080p/24fps compatibility whereas the 'S' model doesn't - among several other differences (no optical output; no RGB Scarts etc).

Similar story with the Pana - less HDMI sockets, no optical output etc etc.

OK, so the Samsung isn't feature-packed either (which is why we had two 32in Award winners - the Samsung then the Panasonic TX-32LXD700), but it offers a superb picture for the money, and can be had for less than either the Sony or Pana sets.

A

Anonymous

Hmm, are you talking about the D3000 ? I thought it was packed full of features and was widely regarded as one of the best 32 inch screens, especially when broadcasting SD content. Partly probably why Sony have discontinued them as they have a lot of the features of more the more expensive Sony sets!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the D3000 is a superb set - a five-star rated one, in fact, that I'd be more than happy with if I was in the market for a 32in set. However, it's superior in spec - as shown above - to the 'S' or 'U' Bravias.

matthewpiano

[quote user="Axum"]

Hmm, are you talking about the D3000 ? I thought it was packed full of features and was widely regarded as one of the best 32 inch screens, especially when broadcasting SD content. Partly probably why Sony have discontinued them as they have a lot of the features of more the more expensive Sony sets!

[/quote]

Sony have only discontinued the 40 inch D3000. The 32" D3000 remains the flagship for Sony in that size. I sell Sony products and can confirm that the D-series is vastly superior to the other 32" Sony sets. You'll see less difference with HD content but more with SD content which, after all, is what most of us are mainly going to be watching for a while yet unless we have Blu-ray, HD-DVD or other HD ancilliaries. Please note, however, that whilst the D-series can accept a 1080p input, it will not display full HD 1080p resolution. Sony do not currently make a Full HD 32" model.

The two mid-range Sony 32" sets are the S3000 (also available in gun metal silver as S3020) and the T3000 (or T2800 in outlets other than Sony Centres). Both are very capable sets for their price point and have 3 HDMI inputs. Below that, the U and P series are very much entry-level fodder in every respect.

TRENDING THREADS