Sony NW-A306

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I am very confused. What does this give me that my 2020 LG V60 phone doesn't? Or for that matter, my 2017 LG V20?
As an owner of an LG V30, I would say absolutely nothing.
Watch out though because that Snapdragon 8 series processor might be just too quick for you. If that's the case then the Sony (unknown processor) might be an alternative.
You could even use the LG as a phone. Whatever will they think of next!!

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
As the owner of 3 V series phones, I'd say one huge difference is in battery life: the Vs don't compete with this player, nor would they with most any other player, even if music-listening is/was all you do/did with your V. For portable devices, few features are more important than battery life, and when I'm enjoying my music, I don't want to be monitoring how long I have left. The article ignores specs, but I'd guess that the Sony DAP has a power output advantage that would allow/enable it to drive more impressive headphones, etc. more effectively. The author(s) only refer to testing the Sony with a single set of low-impedance Grado headphones.

The Sony and the LG Vs are importantly comparable in offering SD card slots to store your hi-res files, which all DAPS offer for huge usability reasons. Yet, the article author(s?) spent three paragraphs bemoaning the limited built-in memory, and thus the limited space to store music, trivializing the SD card slot feature, noting that "this is an additional cost". I'm guessing authors and editors are iphone or pixelphone users who aren't used to thinking of the enabling capacity of SD card slots. This winds up being the only "usability" issue they write about, but which affects their verdict.

Reactions: Navanski

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
As the owner of 3 V series phones, I'd say one huge difference is in battery life: the Vs don't compete with this player, nor would they with most any other player, even if music-listening is/was all you do/did with your V. For portable devices, few features are more important than battery life, and when I'm enjoying my music, I don't want to be monitoring how long I have left. The article ignores specs, but I'd guess that the Sony DAP has a power output advantage that would allow/enable it to drive more impressive headphones, etc. more effectively. The author(s) only refer to testing the Sony with a single set of low-impedance Grado headphones.

The Sony and the LG Vs are importantly comparable in offering SD card slots to store your hi-res files, which all DAPS offer for huge usability reasons. Yet, the article author(s?) spent three paragraphs bemoaning the limited built-in memory, and thus the limited space to store music, trivializing the SD card slot feature, noting that "this is an additional cost". I'm guessing authors and editors are iphone or pixelphone users who aren't used to thinking of the enabling capacity of SD card slots. This winds up being the only "usability" issue they write about, but which affects their verdict.
Agreed.
Also not mentioned is the Sony's capabilities with album art. The predecessors of the NW306 were notoriously picky when it came to displaying album art. That, and the, to my ears, harsh treble, was the reason for me returning my NW55 and opting for a FiiO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts