Sony’s new NW-A306 hi-res portable music player is surprisingly affordable

Nealyboy73

Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
Can't wait for the review of this as it looks interesting and at a good price point. I did notice that it does have a MicroSD card slot on the bottom of the player so possibly this could augment the onboard storage?Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 14.17.27.png

Gray

18GB of 'useable' internal storage. How many DSDs will that be good for? 🤨
Still, today's price for a Sandisk 400GB card is £35.45 (half of what it was not that long ago).
And the player itself can be pre-ordered for £300.
Watch out A&K.......maybe.....

Roberardi

Jan 13, 2023
Visit site
Can't wait for the review of this as it looks interesting and at a good price point. I did notice that it does have a MicroSD card slot on the bottom of the player so possibly this could augment the onboard storage?View attachment 4266
Yes, but for the moment the Maximum capacity of this additiona SD card remains a mistery and to me this will make the difference between purchasing or not the Sony NW-A306. If the SD capacity will be at least 1 Tb I will certainly purchase this unit, as a gift to a friend, comparable to my current A&K SR25 MKII.

David Collins

Jan 19, 2023
Visit site
I texted a guy from Sony on their official site and asked whether this device will have EU volume limiting and warning built in. I live in UK, own the A106, and absolutely loath this in European models, it can't be disabled.
He wasn't sure, asked a colleague and said yes, the new models would have it.
That's a deal-breaker for me, unless I try to source an American or Japanese market model.

jjbomber

What is the theoretical maximum capacity storage per SD card type?​

Sony Walkman devices that can use SD cards support the following standards:

• For micro SDXC cards, the Walkman supports up to 2TB.
  • For Micro SDHC cards, the Walkman supports up to 32 GB
  • For micro SDSC cards, the Walkman supports up to 2 GB.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts