Sony KDL46NX703 or LG47LE8900?

sabumnim

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Fed up of waiting for a Sony KDL46HX703 and I'm now in the last dilemma of either Sony or LG.

I have been told by a LG representative that the LG will have signed BBCs iPlayer in the next week for the internet content, which could seal the deal but I am just a little concerned over LG as a long term prospect, having had a Sony WEGA 32" for 12 years...

Any thoughts or views???

sabumnim

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, no posts or replies, is everyone thinking neither??

I have £2k ish to spend on a 46"-50" TV, not plasma due to power consumption, unless someone convinces me otherwise...

Sony are dreadfully late in supplying anything, no LXs or HXs and the NX series is the only one thats in stock. The LG is an award winner which I have seen in Currys, which does look good but before I part with the cash, am I missing a stonker that, if you had the cash you would buy....

Give me your opinions please!!!

Sun_Shang_Xiang

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There are some interesting reviews on both these models on CNet uk you should have a read. The annual additional cost for powering up a plasma is not too much from £10 to £30 depending on the Plasma model and how much you use your tv.

A

Anonymous

Use the official sony uk site, change stores and see what is available for next day delivery!

Failing that John Lewis list 46" sets of several series as available, Richer Sounds lists a few but I have not looked at the availability.

A

Anonymous

ive seen the sony a few times , nice pic but not outstanding , i havnt seen an lg 8900 , but it gets much better reviews than the sony , its the one i would choose from those two , once id seen it in action to be sure ..

actually id say the lg would compete with the sony hx903 , it also has rear led lighting , the nx range of sonys only have edge leds , and are not getting great praise really , many say the ex503 is very nearly as good , and of course its much cheaper ..

A

Anonymous

I'm in kinda the same boat, im waiting for the hx903, but too have asked for some other opinions on the matter from tihs forum, if i was you i wouldnt even consider the lg and just wait for the sony, in my experiance sony are always going to be a lot better than lg.

sabumnim

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Had chance finally to view a Sony 46NX703 and the 47LE8900. The LG is just a better picture and the dynamic backlighting is superb. I have also been told that Sony are superceding all the 0 models to be replaced with 1 models (46NX713) Since they haven't delievered this years TVs before superceding I have given up with Sony. Currys were doing a deal at £1500. Arrives Monday!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts