Sony KDL46EX723BU Any good ?

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am considering the above tv, will cost £680, I can find no reviews, I will look to mount on a wall, I have considered plasma esp Panasonic gt30, any other good recommendations at this size and price point ?

I do have a lot of other Sony equipment eg bluray, av amp, but as will be a second set am happy to look at others, I will not be using the 3d aspect so performance in this area is not a concern.

Thanks for reading and any advice hugely appreciated

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks, will only be buying one and will do online,can only check any lighting issues in situ.

The set looks good value and will be a second tv as decided to keep 40'' in main room.

Thanks again (keep looking at Pan.gt30 which is same price bur just won't fit !!

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Not pushing the Panny (it's your telly!), but what do you mean by it won't fit?

Quick spec check if my sums are right!, it's 1.3cm wider, 1.0cm higher, and 1.6cm deeper, so are your tolerances that tight?

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Was comparing space where I currently have my 40'' Sony in the bright room (previous thread)and I cannot fit a 46'' tv in there.
I looked at tv's in couple of stores and all seem quite reflective apart from cheapest lcd,also saw a friends Samsung led which was reflective and he is drawing his curtains during bright days.

I am now looking to replace my tv in other room and was hoping to put on the wall and as is stud/internal wall thought the lighter Sony may fit the bill.

I am out shopping tomorrow and will be able to see both tv's so that may make a change of mind if I think the wall is up to it.
I am also a tiny bit concerned about the heat generated/power used by the plasma's which is why I have previously bought lcd's.
I know it is not huge but just a niggle, if I see one in action and there is a huge difference I may be swayed...............

Thanks again, I clearly see you love your tv so must be very impressive set.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi again.

Yes, I do love my telly, I am impressed, but not for me to say it's impressive (all in the eyes of etc....)

I've been running my TV in for 10-12 hours a day and it's never run hot. Slightly warm, rarely very warm, and usually with movies cool. If you're planning to wall mount either TV on a stud partition wall then personally I would have a professional installer in to look at it beforehand; I've had enough problems hanging a mirror on one in the past (seriously!)

Anyway, good luck,enjoy your demos and I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Not sure if gt30 will work for me as I need a scart input, also richer sounds only have ltd stock so couldnt actually see the set .

Mind I have seen them available at Currys but the scart may be a def requirement, trying to work out if I can use other inputs :O

A

Anonymous

As I didn't buy it for 3D, I am generally happy with the 723. But note that the USB HDD recording is barely usable. This is because it incorrectly records the title of the previous programme. Although the selected programme is recorded, you can't find it later! Sony are blaming the broadcasters, but they could and should fix this.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Shanka said:
Hi, Not sure if gt30 will work for me as I need a scart input, also richer sounds only have ltd stock so couldnt actually see the set . Mind I have seen them available at Currys but the scart may be a def requirement, trying to work out if I can use other inputs :O

Hi. There is a scart input.

As with the aerial, optical, component etc inputs it uses a snap-in connector/adaptor. I tried to find a suitable pic for you but no joy, but simply put you "snap-in" the connector and at the end of a short lead is the female connector for your scart connection.

Hope this helps a bit.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Also, if you don't mind me asking, what do you need a scart input for? Almost all devices require HDMI leads these days, and if you plan to wall hang the TV a scart lead will stick out quite a bit at the back (plus it's not going to be the best option in terms of picture quality).

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry for delay, I run a second tv off the aerial from my main system and for me to watch tv from my v+ box I need to run off the scart /normal 576, am trying to see if I can do this without the scart tho.

However it now looks like the new tv will be my second tv not the main one, is out of sunlight, will be wall mounted i hope but will just be freeview and dvd, may get a cheap bluray but is in a bedroom where don't watch so much.

Thanks for all your thoughts tho'

:cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts