sony KDL32-P3020 cannot auto see Samsung HD870 DVD player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Samsung HD870 DVD player connected by HDMI to my sony KDL32-P3020.

The TV will not automatically see the DVD when it is switched on play is pressed, but I can see it if I select the correct AV channel. Any ideas how I can get it to see the DVD automatically (it does for Scart DVD and sky connections). Also I am sure it is not a problem, but does seeing connection via AV channel degrade the connection quality (I am sure it does not).

Many Thanks

Phil

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I don't think HDMI works in the same way as Scart so not sure it will send the signal to the TV to automatically switch the source. You can always buy a remote with a macro function (like the Harmony ones). You can then program a button to automatically switch on the TV, switch on the DVD player, and set the TV to the HDMI channel. If you have an amp, it can turn this on and set this to the correct input at the same time as well.

[quote user="philmo"]does seeing connection via AV channel degrade the connection quality[/quote]

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by this...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I use a Harmony remote control which I've programmed with a macro to switch on the TV, switch on the DVD and then select the HDMI input on the telly as professorhat suggests. It works a treat.

A

Anonymous

If both have hdmi 1.3 sockets then it should auto sense like scart i asked the very same thing yesterday, but i don't think the samsung has got an hdmi 1.3 socket

A

Anonymous

Ahh not being a 1.3 connection - could that be it ? - also in the TV settings when I ask it to search for HDMI connected devices it cannot see the DVD. Alternative remote might be the answer, as it is a pain manually switching AV channels.

A

Anonymous

Thanks - also my TV cannot see or detect the Samsung DVD player in HDMI connections in settings.

Is this also a 1.3 issue, surely it should at least see the player?

tks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts