Sony KDL-40EX503

cinemafan

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Had my KDL40EX503 only a couple of weeks and it's a bit different coming from a 28" Panasonic CRT of course. Hooking up my existing Sky+ box shows an inferior picture (little blurry and little pixelated) so I'm wondering whether to upgrade to Sky HD to get a better pic on the HD telly? Or does it need tweaking somewhat? Also, do all new flat panels TVs have no ON or OFF buttons anymore? Don't like leaving it on standby all night ......... thanks

A

Anonymous

I have only ever used mine with a Sky HD box and the picture was good, both on SD and HD, from the start - on the out of the box settings. Freeview picture also perfectly acceptable.

Have since added a good quality HDMI cable and Tacima mains conditioner and the picture is A1.

Can't help re the power switch as mine is always on standby

As far as I'm aware, there should'nt be a major difference between the Sky + & Sky HD box in displaying SD images. You will find the images to be more soft & pixelated when you go up from a 26-inch to a 40-inch screen which usually largely clears up in a few days when your eyes get used to it. What's your viewing distance?

You're right! Maybe the OP has forgotten that he/she has already asked this question and was satisfied with the responses 6 hours prior to posting the question again.
emotion-2.gif

cinemafan

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes I know i had posted before but thought I would get a different answer (the more the merrier!) in a different forum, actuall mistakenly posted in the Home Cinema forum. Thanks to all .....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I think most people either read all the forums or, like me, just use the active topics button to see threads as they're updated, so it's unlikely you'll get many different responses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts