Sony KDL-40EX503 + Sky+?

cinemafan

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Had my KDL40EX503 only a couple of weeks and it's a bit different coming from a 28" Panasonic CRT of course.

Hooking up my existing Sky+ box shows an inferior picture (little blurry and little pixelated) so I'm wondering whether to upgrade to Sky HD to get a better pic on the HD telly? Or does it need tweaking somewhat?

Also, do all new flat panels TVs have no ON or OFF buttons anymore? Don't like leaving it on standby all night ......... thanks

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Are you sitting too close to the new TV? (You don't say which size it is).

Try turning any picture enhancements to off on the TV and the video output on the SKY+ box to RGB (services/set up/picture settings).

A new SKY+HD box will give you a better quality picture on the HD channels but you have the extra expenditure of the HD subscription to factor in.

Does the HD picture from the inbuilt freeview hd tuner show a better quality picture than your SKY+?

You could unplug the TV from the wall?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

cinemafan

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry it's the 40EX503, checked the viewing distance from the vid clip on this site and it's the same. Thanks for the comments, still getting used to the features but I will check the things you have mentioned, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts