Sony KDL 37EX503 - Buzzing

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

After the great reviews on the Sony KDL 37EX503 I went ahead and ordered at the great price of £499, received the TV today and have set it up, Problem is there's a definite audible buzz coming from the TV when its switched on. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Also wondered if anyone can tell me how I can identify what panel is in the TV, some quick research on internet seemed to point towards the fact that there are two types of panel that are used in this TV, one being very good and the other.. not so much.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Pete.

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Not sure about the panel part of your question but as for the buzzing sound when you turn the tv on i noticed this when i got my tv and was quite worried as hadn't had this problem on previous telly. All was well though as after the tv warmed up it stopped buzzing or if it was still buzzing it was so quiet i couldn't notice it. If you do find out about the panel i'd be interested to know.

P.s It's a quality tv. Really pleased that i got it. Looks superb with HD content.

A

Anonymous

The buzzing could be internal resonance, i.e. a fault, I had this with a 37S4000 (I think that was the model) and changed it.

I would say that all 37EX503s would have the same panel though the 403 and 401 are both different.

A

Anonymous

I had the same issue with my 37EX503. I could hear it from 3 metres away. I had the inverter and panel changed under warranty. The new panel still buzzed but not loud enough to disturb my viewing. Unfortunately I've had other problems with the panel since then so I might need to get another one (or a different model :-( )

I would contact your local repair centre about your problem and see if they can fix it.

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts