Sony KDL-32P3020 v Panasonic TX-32LXD700

tom_mk

Dec 27, 2007
Visit site
There I was ready to go out and buy a new flat screen TV and had narrowed it down to the TX-32LXD70 (this isn't a typo) or possibly the Panasonic TH-37PX70 and then saw that the March issue was doing a 32 inch Super Test. So I thought, I'll wait and just see what the result is. Shock, horror the Sony wins out with a different 32 inch Panasonic in the review. Having read the review, the criteria for being included in the review was that the RRP had to be £500 or under. Evidently this excluded the 2007 Award Winning Panasonic TX-32LXD700. So the question is, if money wasn't a limit (well lets say up to £1000), would it be safe to say that the Panasonic TX-32LXD700 would win out over and above the Sony KDL-32P3020 (and the other Panasonic which I believe is a slightly lower specification). With regards to the choice I have to make for our front room, I was considering the TX32LXD70 over the 700 because it is slightly smaller (speakers underneath as opposed to on the sides), 1 less HDMI port and no SD card reader. Other than that they are basically the same technology. The lower sound quality I believe won't be an issue for day-to-day TV viewing, and then for DVDs etc. I was planning to have some sort of surround sound, or virtual surround sound / 2.1 system as a cabled 5.1 is out of the question due to the shape of our living room and the location of the TV. The other question, is it worth considering the plasma based Panasonic TH-37PX70. I think that the in space we have available, it would probably be too dominant in the room. But if there was significant improvement in picture quality then it might be worth considering as my partner has exceptionally good eye-sight and is always commenting that the picture on flat screens is not as good as on our old CRT (and it is old!). To be honest, I'm a bit like a child in a sweet shop at the moment. We currently have an old JVC 21 inch CRT, Panasonic Digi Box and Sony DAV S550 (S-Master 5.1 channel DVD Player/Full Digital Amplifier) and ultimately it's been decided to upgrade/replace everything and I'm not sure what to get, an all in one, separates, PVRs, how to deal with music, get a media centre, etc. So I figure get the screen sorted first. Any comments on the Sony KDL-32P3020 v Panasonic TX-32LXD700 issue would be appriciated.

A

Anonymous

The LXD700 is a far superior TV than the Sony. The picture & sound on the Panasonic is superb. Buy it & you will not be disappointed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts