Sony KDL 32P3020 or KDL32S3000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a 32" LCD to connect my PS3 to.

I've bought this mag today and the Sony KDL 32P3020 seems to get glowing reviews (as it does on Amazon!). Easy I thought I'll get one of them!

Then I saw the KDL32S3000 which appears to be the same except it has an extra HDMI socket and 'live colour creation'. I looked around and apparently the 'S' series is a higher spec than the 'P' yet when I looked on the Sony site and compared them the S series seemed to n/a against BBE ViVA, Theatre mode, auto noise reduction and screen aspect ratio 16:9.

Is that a problem? I'm now very confused as to which one to buy! Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

unless you need the extra HDMI on the S3000... then base your decision on the colour that you like greay for the P or black for the S.

although in my opinion the P3020 is better on they eyes :)

A

Anonymous

hi just bought an KDL323000 myself i am doing the classic of constnatly changing all the picture settings and cant seem to find an 'optimim' setting that i really like.

Could anyone give me thier suggestions on the usual colour, sharpness, contract etc and also the other feautres that can be toggled with??

cheers

A

Anonymous

Thanks Matthew S. Richard 23, instead of hijacking my post with a totally unrelated topic. Why didn't you start one of your own???
emotion-43.gif

A

Anonymous

Hand bags out already on only your 2nd post, clearly using this forum as a way of making friends, very impressive.

Good luck in the exams Preppy!!

A

Anonymous

Not hand bags at all. I've used dozens of forums over the years for both help and giving advice. As I'm looking for a new TV I bought this magazine today for the first time and saw they had a forum. I'm looking to spend a sizeable amount of money (for me) and want as much info as possible before I part with my hard earned cash. That's why I was surprised to see your post in what was my topic. Fair enough if it was along the same lines as mine or you answered one of my questions. But to simply add your own question made me feel this has been added by either a rude or ignorant person. And judging from your reply it seems I was right!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

ivesy,

I purchased a KDL32d3000 last year for £600. Have been very happy with the picture on it. I can only re-iterate what the WhatHiFi reviewers always say: Try and test both TV's yourself at your nearest stockist using your own DVDs etc to see what you think. If it helps there is an indepth review at a rival website (hope I don't get a nocturnal visit from men in black balaclavas for posting this rival link!) at http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/ .

Richard23,

This same site has a list of the settings the reviewer used. I have used some of these settings to tweak my picture. That link is: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/2007/06/20/sony-kdl32d3000-settings/

Hope this helps you both.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts