SONY HTIS-100 SPEAKER STANDS - ANY ADVICE WHF TEAM????

nufcmarson

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I have just purchased this surround sound kit for my 'small' living room, I am very happy with the sound considering the small speakers! My only problem is locating some stands that will accompany them. I have tried everywhere, Amazon, Sony Centre, Sevenoaks, etc.... I have seen the official Sony stands in a catalogue, but are there any other stands which will fit them??? I would obviously like them in black.

Thanks for helping guys!!!!!!!!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
surely with something that tiny, wall brackets would be better? The idea with speaker stands is that they are rock-solid so the sound isn't impaired by movement - but the pole type stands that tiny speakers tend to sit on have been, in my (limited) experience, very wobbly...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Golf tees???

Seriously, the speakers are so small I think they'd look silly on conventional stands. Surely a Sony Centre should be able to order the Sony stands for you. even though I'm with BA on the wall-brackets thing. Don't these speakers come with wall-fixings as standard? Or do I recall incorrectly?

A

Anonymous

I'm sure i remember people on the forum saying that the speakers were so small and light that they were able to blu-tac them to the wall and so no stabds needed.

A

Anonymous

Hi Mate,

I have the htis100 and i use these speaker stands and no they are not rock solid and they do wobble when touched.

nufcmarson

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Sorry for the delay geeting back in touch. My tv (av set up) is a couple of feet away from the wall, could you still use brackets and have the speakers coming from behind the tv? Would it affect the sound in anyway? Cheers guys!!

By the way, the system does come with some basic black brackets, but only one pair for the rear surround.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
Could do.facing outwards .in rectangular rooms, reflecting the sound in the side walls could result in a good effect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts