Sony hap-z1es Where to get DSD music from in the uk?

fubar925

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi As title been looking to get some music and wanted to know what you guys use or if you could reconmend any sites for use in uk.

Been to these on this sitehttp://dsd-guide.com/ cant seem to find dsd on hdtracks and superhirez is usa only..

Shame really has I have had the sony for over a year anfd it has no 'hirez' music on it.

Any help would be greatful.

fubar925

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Still not really got to grips with all this hi-res,dsd,flac and what sites to use etc etc got a hapz1es with next to nothing music wise on it. Dont want to spend/waste to much money on music if it could just be played of a harddrive I want to get the best I can to work with the sony if you know what I mean????

Please help!!!

Try here:-

Http//dsd-guide.com/where-can-you-find-dsd-music-downloads

This gives a list. I use Blue Coast, Native DSD and Prostudiomasters.com along with Bowers & Wilkins and others depending on what genre of music I am after.

Most of these are not UK based but it doesn't stop me downloading music from them. Some might require you to have a PayPal account.

fubar925

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! do you use the site Hdtracks? I get confused because I dont want to buy a album again which just turns out to be as good as CD or infact less! if I make sense what am i looking for I know dsd is better than cd but not many sites sell DSD?

So is 192khz 24bit cd quality or better?

It is confusing for me at least.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
fubar925 said:
So is 192khz 24bit cd quality or better?

it's higher resolution, but doesn't mean that it's better as such. The most important things are the mix and the mastering. Read up on the loudness wars to get an idea of why some modern music does not sound as good as it could.

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi Fubar,

If you want to check out whether it's worth paying the difference for Hi-res files take a look at the song on the Oppo website here called "Vision of Her".

https://www.oppodigital.com/hra/dsd-by-davidelias.aspx

You can download the song in its original DSD 64 master or conversions through FLAC or WAV down to MP3 at 320khz. Personally I think I can hear a difference from the MP3, but that's it. But my ears are 57 years old.

Other comments on this thread are very valid. I've found that the main reasons I buy downloads is either for a superior mix or surround sound effect.

I thought surround music would be "carp", but actually I have found it quite good!!

Happy listening.