Sony green lines of death

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So my Sony KDL32D3000 is finally proving it was in a faulty batch and is starting to slowly die with occasional green and yellow lines, darkness and images leaving traces on the screen. This leaves me in the market for a slightly larger set. I was looking at the excellent Samsung LE37B550 as it seems great for movies however I also play a lot of xbox games and I read it has a worryingly long lag. Has anyone experienced this who owns one? I'm willing to spend a bit more money to reduce the lag and get a decent picture but am loath to go back to Sony. Any ideas? My setup is an Onkyo 606 and an older panasonic blu ray player. Cheers Jon

matthewpiano

Don't be put off Sony completely. Unfortunately the D3000 were great sets (for their time) which were blighted by reliability issues, but not all Sony models are the same.

Take the time to compare models from Sony with those from Samsung, Panasonic, and LG, and make a decision based on picture quality. All four brands make excellent sets these days, but any brand can be plagued by reliability issues on a particular model or range.

(PS I used to work in a Sony Centre so I do talk with experience of Sony TVs)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts