Green vertical line on left screen of Sony HX853

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I discovered this green line about a pixel in width(1 mm) running down my TV on the left side....tried to reset the TV, updated the firmware and changed inputs but to no avail.The line is obvious on a white or red background, it would be hard to spot in a mixed colour scene

I owned much older Sony LCDs TV and never had this issue. No one seem to have this problem on the HX 853 that I can find on the web.

I booked it for repairs.....I hope I don't have to return it having had it for 4 months from new.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I can tell you for certain that my 46HX853 has no such line on the screen on either side no matter what input it's on.

It's not even anything I have heard of before on the HX853 range so i'm afraid I have no idea what's wrong there, may well be that the screen gets replaced but i'm just speculating. What size screen do you have? Would love to know hat is causing this just in case I have the issue in the future.

A

Anonymous

Oldboy, the TV is a 55 inch....

Update:I am still waiting for the service agent which is near where I live to come despite a 4 hr response promise? I had to ring Sony's call centre based in Egypt.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
That doesn't sound right to me regarding the service agent.

If the TV is under 1 year old (which it must be) then it's up to your retailer to deal with the repair and not Sony, have you contacted the retailer you bought the tv from or did you go straight to Sony? The retailer should be dealing with the repair at this point as the tv is still within it's first year warranty or did the retailer palm you off to Sony??

If you just contacted Sony in the first instance then I would advise getting in touch with your retailer...who is your retailer by the way? The retailer should be more helpful providing you bought it from a reputable dealer of course.

Done a quick search but couldn't find any similar issues as you explained with any of the screen sizes in the HX853 range, very perculiar :?

A

Anonymous

I brought TV from Richer Sounds, when the TV is faulty you ring a number at RS central, then it is transferred to a automated call referral service to the TV company...'Sony' in this case. As it is 55 inch in size, it does not go back to RS direct in the first year.... Sony(Egypt call centre) will assign a local authorised agent..then contact is made with me..still waiting.

If the TV was in its second year or beyond then my extended warrant with RS kicks in and they would deal with it and not Sony.

My TV's fault is minor, no way as pronounced as the fringe banding with the Pana 2012 TVs....I'am convinced it's a circuit board problem rather than the panel (manufactured in Dec 2012)......there aren't anymore of these HX 853 to swap around so would prefer mine gets' fixed......The 2013 W9 Sony series TV would persuade me to swap...it is a better set :)

A

Anonymous

....I just got a call from the repairers finally.....they are not even going to come and see.....instead on the description of the fault they need to replace the LED screen.

I am glad I got extended warranty for this set, the LED screen part would not be cheap if done outside warranty, I SUGGEST ANYONE WHO HAS THIS TV GET AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.....just to be on the safe side. Feeling raw at the moment, the TV is only 4 months old?

A

Anonymous

Decided not to go through return process, requested refund.......

Will now look to the W9 series with the triminlous screen......

So something good came out of the saga!

Over and out

Good! I agree regarding extended warranty. John Lewis offers 5 years warranty on all TVs for free, which Richer Sounds charges only 10% for it. Manufacturers like Panasonic offer 5-6 year warranty (depending on where you buy from) as standard.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Good! I agree regarding extended warranty. John Lewis offers 5 years warranty on all TVs for free, which Richer Sounds charges only 10% for it. Manufacturers like Panasonic offer 5-6 year warranty (depending on where you buy from) as standard.

I think Richers actually offer a free 5 year warranty on what it calls 'Premium' models, but their 10% surcharge on any model is a no brainer anyway.

TRENDING THREADS