Sony exchange

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

My brotherinlaws sony 40v3000 of couple yr old has clouded and is being replaced,

He has been offered 40s5500 ex disply with 3yr manu guarantee, This to me seems backward step, anyone with a view on this please

Thank you

A

Anonymous

not acceptable , he should be getting a v for v replacement , that would be a 40v5500 , and a new one at that ...

A

Anonymous

Thanks maxflinn,

Thats how i would expect new and at least same spec.

Reckon its what he wanted to hear too

matthewpiano

Hate to spoil the party, but the 40S5500 is pretty much the same spec as the 40V3000 and certainly as good in terms of performance. The V5500 is quite a bit better than the V3000, not least because of the Bravia Engine 3 processor.

The offer that has been made is a fair one. The retailer has offered a replacement TV of similar spec and performance.

A

Anonymous

Hiya matt.

Thanks for you view,

but howcome ex display. Surely should at least be a new model

matthewpiano

It is probably ex-display because that is all they have left. The 5500 range models are all discontinued now. With a 3-year warranty it doesn't make a massive difference as long as the condition is as-new.

Out of interest, has the retailer attempted to get the TV repaired? This is what I would normally expect in such a situation.

A

Anonymous

Yeh they said it beyond repair,

Best he goes in and does some haggling,What would he expect if he asked for refund?

matthewpiano

Who is the retailer? Did the retailer give a reason as to why it is 'beyond repair'? Is it because of parts availability, or is it down to cost? (I would imagine the latter but confirmation would be useful).

In terms of a refund it is shaky ground and could go either way. I think the retailer is highly unlikely to agree to a refund because they have offered an equivalent replacement set with a good warranty.

A

Anonymous

Debenhams (sonex department) Yes it was down to cost. I just rang him to let him know your views, He is going to see what he can do tomorrow, When he has to decide

Thanks for your help matt

matthewpiano

Just to be clear I don't work for Sonex (who do run several Sony Centres), but I hope that your brother manages to come to a positive conclusion. Negotiation is a powerful tool!

Do let us know how it goes. All the best.

A

Anonymous

Too bad you're having trouble. Imho the offer of an ex demo of same spec is pretty fair. It's a lot better than some "deals" I've heard Sony offering lately.

Why do you feel it should be a new one? The TV it's replacing has a couple of years. The fairest replacement would be the same model at the same age, without the defect. The ex demo they're offering has had much less use than the TV it's replacing.

I agree it can't hurt trying to negotiate. But if they don't accept, don't feel cheated, because you're not.

A

Anonymous

Next chapter,

He has now been offered a ex401, has anyone seen or have one, i can only find laptops under this spec!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/tvp-32-40-sony-bravia-tv

No 401, but a 403

matthewpiano

It is the S5500 replacement in effect. Retail is £699. We've got it on display at work and its certainly every bit as good as the S5500 in terms of picture quality with slightly better build quality overall.

A

Anonymous

He took delivery today of the 401, I have not spoke to him as yet how it is,

He was well happy with all your advice

Thank you

A

Anonymous

iamthetimberman:

Hi,

My brotherinlaws sony 40v3000 of couple yr old has clouded and is being replaced,

He has been offered 40s5500 ex disply with 3yr manu guarantee, This to me seems backward step, anyone with a view on this please

Thank you

If your Sony PS3 gets the "yellow light of death" (which many do) they offer you a refurbished model with no guarantee for £150 of your hard earned cash. This offer seems more than reasonable in comparison with that. I would still try and push them for a better deal though, failing that you can always fall back onto their original offer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts