Sony Bravia or Panasonic LCD - dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Trying to decide between Panasonic TX-37lzd85 and Sony Bravio KDL-40w3000, the Panasonic is 200.00 pound ish cheaper so could get a HDD player and still come in cheaper than the Sony, I've heard reports that Sony in terms of picture quality and sound is not as good as Panasonic ??? and a little complicated in setting up, on the other hand heard that Panasonic picture and sound is great, any views much appreciated.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

TH37PX80 panasonic plasma... better than both and almost all LCDs...

A

Anonymous

I would go Plasma too at that size. Ask the shop to show you fast action, like sport on LCD, and them compare with Plama. Also look at the deep colours of the Plasma against the pale greys of LCD.

But people are hooked on LCD, sheep the lot of em !
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

umm that's a proper spanner in the works, I have been led to believe that plasma's have had their day and have been some what left behind by todays lcd's .., in terms of picture quality and realiability, viewing distance from the sofa to tv will be around 3 meters so I'm more towards the panasonic as mentioned..

Grateful if anyone has any comments on the 2 lcd's mentioned.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Out of the two LCDs I'd lean towards the Panasonic, but listen to the advice and definately give the plasma serious consideration. At the moment plasma is still an affordable option and produces great pictures for much less than an LCD. A lot of people come to me at work and say they don't want a plasma and I don't understand it.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="whatlcd"]
umm that's a proper spanner in the works, I have been led to believe that plasma's have had their day and have been some what left behind by todays lcd's .., in terms of picture quality and realiability, viewing distance from the sofa to tv will be around 3 meters so I'm more towards the panasonic as mentioned..

Grateful if anyone has any comments on the 2 lcd's mentioned.

Thanks

[/quote]

I'd go with the Panasonic.

I'd also suggest you read Panasonic's own explanation of plasma vs LCD - click here. As a manufacturer that produces both, it's interesting reading.

A

Anonymous

Unless something has drastically changed, the 40W3000 is still one of the best LCD's on the market, only really being beaten by the X series. It wipes the floor with the other LCD's, go onto some of the other forum sites and you'll see what i mean, the complaints/problem postings for the Panasonic's, the Samsungs, the Sharps etc, they're always very busy!

I've got the 40W3000 and it's a brilliant TV, and it comes into it's own when you hook up a PS3 or something similar and play a game on it or watch a Bluray dvd. The picture via SkyHD is stunningly good as well.

A

Anonymous

Plasma for me then
emotion-1.gif
LCD is good (My folks have a Samsung) but at the end of the day I guess it just depends what you are gonna do with it, which in most cases, is watch!

A

Anonymous

Yeah but the thing is, a lot of people want to watch HD formatted material, and the increasingly wise choice to be able to do this is a PS3, and that inevitably leads to games and Bluray material, and for that, the Sony is a brilliant set. When i saw it side-by-side with the Kuro i must say i wasn't all that impressed with the Kuro, and i've never had a major issue watching football etc on the set, although i have to say, watching a recent clay-court tennis game was not the best, but then the feed from the channel wasn't very good either.

antant

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
I have just got the 37" full hd panasonic and the colours and contrast and blacks are very good sound is also very good. sd is is a little blurry but not too bad if viewed at a decent distance for this size tv, also remember that sd is much lower quality so you are upscaling bad quality. I have also just got the pansonic blu ray player and full hd is stunning, wathching Earth disc is just amazing. as for motion blurry watching football on bbc 1 I do not notice any unacceptable blurrying at all.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="whatlcd"]

viewing distance from the sofa to tv will be around 3 meters so I'm more towards the panasonic as mentioned..

[/quote]

You dont need a 1080p TV at this distance away from a 37", 720p is fine.

TRENDING THREADS