Sony Bravia KDL-46HX903

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
There was a previous thread on here re the 46HX903 no longer being available in the UK. I've been trying to purchase this TV for a few weeks now and every retailer is telling me the same thing, the TV is now discontinued and the replacement which is apparently the HX920 will be launched after March but more than likely it will be Summer. The what hifi team were pretty sure more would be on the way and Claire Newsome closed the thread off on the 18th Dec with a statement that she would pursue the matter personally with Sony the following Monday, I was just wondering if Claire has any update on this?

Any feedback appreciated.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We were unable to get a definitive statement from Sony beyond its previous pledge that more stock was due, but that numbers were limited.

All we've heard about since then are the new sets - more info here

We're due to find out more about UK specs/model numbers/release dates soon. There's a real possibility that kit will come out sooner than the summer - Sony aren't going to want to leave a void in any market for long...

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes you are correct the hx903 range is now discontinued,as i explained last time(but apparently no one was willing to take my word for it).But as im a mere mortal who knows nothing about anything I sell and never have contact with sony on stock levels.Rant over.Im really looking forward to the new tv range.And here's to a very exiting 2011.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the update Clare (apologies for mispelling your name earlier!)

A

Anonymous

Hi Grant

I spent weeks researching and when I finally decided this was 'the one' I couldn't get it!! One retailer suggested the NX713 as an alternative to the HX903...thoughts?

A

Anonymous

It's a shame they have discontinued the set as from someone who owns one I can definitely confirm they're as good as the hype and rating they have received.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
The nx713 is a good tv,but go for the hx803 as this has motion flow 200hz pro.I myself own the 40" version and gel own's the 46".It really is a cracking tv for the money.Trust me you won't go wrong with owning this tv.

A

Anonymous

I'm still checking the online stores daily in the hope someone somewhere still has a shipment to arrive!

A

Anonymous

I have a friend who owns the HX803, I really like the monolithic flat screen tho....:)

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
It won't happen im afraid rosskie,just fullfilling the last of the pre-orders.And a lot of online retailers do not stock the hx903/lx903 range as per agreement with sony to be able to demonstrate these models.

A

Anonymous

Hi Grant

I thought that might be the case, I think some of the confusion over this model is that there was a shipment due in January but a lot of retailers had this pushed forward to December to meet the Christmas rush, my hope was some retailer out there didn't get this early shipment and are still waiting for their Jan shipment, wishful thinking on my part I know...I just really want this TV!!

D

Deleted member 2457

sonycentre:Yes you are correct the hx903 range is now discontinued,as i explained last time(but apparently no one was willing to take my word for it).But as im a mere mortal who knows nothing about anything I sell and never have contact with sony on stock levels.Rant over.Im really looking forward to the new tv range.And here's to a very exiting 2011.

I took your word for it mate
emotion-21.gif

I had even said it on here myself before anyone else
emotion-1.gif
that was it - end off.

A

Anonymous

I had the NX713 for about a week, but sent it back and swapped it for the HX803. The glowing reviews from sonycentre and GEL were totally justified. The HX803 is just an all round better TV. The NX713 had issues with backlighting and fast motion. I know you can say I only had it a week, but when you pay over a £1000 for a TV, you want your moneys worth!!

My advice would be to avoid picking the TV on the monolithic looks and go for better performance!! You'll be happy with the HX803.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like this set was always going to be an endangered spices. There never seemed to be any stock and it was only available for about 4 months. Hope Sony don't keep everyone waiting like they did this year with new top of range models. Doesn't fill you with confidence after this year. Replacement in the summer? Really! Hope so. Sorry people have missed out. A great TV in every way.

A

Anonymous

D3CYPH3R:Though bigger, John Lewis still have stock of the 52HX903, not cheap but highly regarded as the 46.

The 52 would be just too big for me unfortunately!

A

Anonymous

marsonNUFC:

I had the NX713 for about a week, but sent it back and swapped it for the HX803. The glowing reviews from sonycentre and GEL were totally justified. The HX803 is just an all round better TV. The NX713 had issues with backlighting and fast motion. I know you can say I only had it a week, but when you pay over a £1000 for a TV, you want your moneys worth!!

My advice would be to avoid picking the TV on the monolithic looks and go for better performance!! You'll be happy with the HX803.

Not going solely for the monolithic look, the picture has to be up to the job, that's why I plumped for the HX903, yet to see a bad review re picture quality.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gel,

Just been following this thread and see you have the 46HX803, which i have just got myself, just wondered what setting you have been using for best results. i do notice ghosting on fast scenes.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

MrBodidly:

Hi Gel,

Just been following this thread and see you have the 46HX803, which i have just got myself, just wondered what setting you have been using for best results. i do notice ghosting on fast scenes.

Thanks

Hi

I have just been using normal standard factory settings but Sony Centre and Rik gave me some advice in this thread

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/6/498396/ShowThread.aspx

I will probably adjust some things but had just been enjoying having a tv that works right
emotion-1.gif

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Jazzukok:

Hi rosskie if you are still looking for a 46HX903 try the link below:

http://www.simplyelectricals.co.uk/sony-kdl-46hx903.html

I'm assuming they have stock showing @ £2033, hope its useful.

I dont advise anyone use this site, this is part of the reason it took me 3 months to get my tv, if you want the hx903 you HAVE to order it from sony centres and if sony centres arent stocking them anymore then im afraid your not going to get an hx903

A

Anonymous

I know Hi-spek get them in stock sporadically and they are not a sony retailer. I phoned them and they said if i put a deposit on one i would get the next one in stock but they didnt know when it would be in. I didnt do it in the end because you have to purchase in store!

A

Anonymous

Jazzukok:

Idid speak to them and they first told me they were due a new shipment middle of Jan, then got back to me to say Sony had informed them there would be no more! I would say one thing about simplyelectricals, their correspondence was excellent, I'm still waiting for a first response from other suppliers...including the Glasgow Sony Centre!

A

Anonymous

jst23:Jazzukok:

I dont advise anyone use this site, this is part of the reason it took me 3 months to get my tv, if you want the hx903 you HAVE to order it from sony centres and if sony centres arent stocking them anymore then im afraid your not going to get an hx903

Really! I found their correspondence timely and helpful, but I didn't get to the purchase phase, maybe that's their lure!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts