Sony BDP5000es price

A

Anonymous

what do u think of the sony s5000. is it worth the extra money over other good players such as pioneers 51 and 71 and the panas bd80 for example. is the picture quality better than these and if so how good is the picture difference.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 5000es is great. Build, picture and sound are all much better than the other Sony models and I would say it is more on a par with the top end machines from Pioneer, Denon,Marantz than the mid price players.

We have it matched with the STRDA5400 and the combination really works. Good detail in the image and more than accomplished with stereo playback.

As with all key products right now stock is a disaster, I would advise you check availability before you buy.

Nick

A

Anonymous

thanks for that, any one else any got any views on the sony and how good it is for the price?

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jonny,

the Sony is definitely a step above the mid-range players, both in build quality and picture/sound performance. It's also excellent value for money.

A

Anonymous

cheers. andy would you say that its worth the extra money over the cheaper players and is the picture quality better than the pioneer lx71 which from a few reviews have said its one of the best pictures and are there any others you would recommend if you were buying one what would you go for for best pic quality.

cheers

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
yep, for picture and sound it's definitely worth the extra over the Pioneer 'LX71. Only the high-end Pioneer 'LX91 comes close, and that's a more expensive player. Whether it's worth the extra depends what kind of system you have. If you only have an entry-level amp and speaker package and a 32in TV, then an entry-level Blu-ray player would be your best bet.

A

Anonymous

If only there wasn't a credit crunch! I'm looking forward to the release of it's successor so I can pick one up cheap! (Wishful thinking perhaps!!)

This is available for £850 from a Glasgow retailer. Can't remember the name.

TRENDING THREADS