Sony BDP-S550 - Multi Region Hack?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm probably being stupid (no really!), but didn't there used to be a thread on here about setting up the Sony 550 blu-ray player so that it could play standard DVDs from all regions?

I've had a search, but I can't seem to find it anywhere? Does anyone have a link to it?

From memory, the topic related to the use of a One-for-all remote control to re-configure the BD players settings.

Cheers
Ketch

A

Anonymous

A quick search on google unearthed the following:-

Programming a BDP-S550 for Region free DVD playback (It does NOT change Blu-Ray BD region playback)

This does NOT work on USA Region 1/A players. They do not contain the hardware that is included other Sony players sold in other countries.

Full procedure for a oneforall remote:

1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic/set button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533

4. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189 (if your oneforall remote uses 4 digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )

9. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )

14. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095
18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )

19. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )

24. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079
28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )

The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S550 region free:

1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it. It should read "HOME" on the front panel.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote. The blue 24p light will start flashing on the front panel
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback

A

Anonymous

I've been told it does, but I'll know for sure later tonight (i've got a 350 and a 550 to try it on when I get home).

I'll post back on here with the results tomorrow.

Ketch

A

Anonymous

I can confirm that this does indeed work with both the 550 and the 350.

A

Anonymous

I borrowed a Khameleon One-for-all remote from a friend.

I think its an older version of this one...
http://www.amazon.com/ONE-KAMELEON-Universal-Remote-Control/dp/B0009X5Y54/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_i

A

Anonymous

anyone found out how to do this with out a one-for-all remote?

A

Anonymous

I was more thinking of one that works with the standard remote.

From what i can see you just need a remote to send the long stream of numbers you program on to each bttong (since you can use a nokia n95 as well) to the sony. I was wondering if you can just type them in yourself. Obviously that increases the risk of miskeying though

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
pete321:Does anyone know whether you can do this with a Logitech Harmony One remote?

Found the answer to my own question, yes you can if you look on Forums of the AV variety. Very straightforward, I got a multi-region (DVD) BDP-S350 in a few minutes using my Harmony One.

A

Anonymous

Hi Pete321,

I searched the other forums for how to set up my Harmony, but with no luck. Any chance you could point me in the right direction (e.g. with an URL) or a explain what you did?

Thanks,

Peter

lee37

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
if you havent got a harmony or an all in one remote ebay have them for about £11

all you do is point and press the yellow button.

seems a lot easier than the method above

im ordered one for my panasonic bd35 blu ray

they also have them for all sony players dvd and blu ray players

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
tillort:

Hi Pete321,

I searched the other forums for how to set up my Harmony, but with no luck. Any chance you could point me in the right direction (e.g. with an URL) or a explain what you did?

Thanks,

Peter

http://www.anothersite.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-players/906185-harmony-remote-multiregion-dvd-hack-panasonic-pioneer-sony-blu-rays-part-ii.html

Hacks using a Harmony remote for Panasonic, Sony & Pioneer (another site might be...... a*f*****.com)

Note, I lost the 24p light after doing the update, but my TV confirmed that it was receiving a 24hz signal from BDP-S350, so a small price to pay for having multiregion dvd playback.

A

Anonymous

The instructions provided earlier to programme a One-For-All remote doesn't work for the One-For-All Kameleon 6. For anyone wanting to use the Kameleon 6, here's what you need to do:

1. Press and hold the [Magic Hat] button until the rabbit appears (the IR indicator bars also flash twice)

The Rabbit in the Magic Hat should be visible for all the following steps.
Pausing too long will cause the Rabbit to dissappear.
If it dissappears then repeat step 1 and also the block of instructions you were doing at the time.

2. Press [DEV SET]
3. Press [DVD]
4. Press 0533
5. Press [OK] - The IR indicator bars flash twice
6. Press [ESC]

7. Press [KEY MAGIC]
8. Press [DVD]
9. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
10. Press 00189
11. Press 1 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)

12. Press [KEY MAGIC]
13. Press [DVD]
14. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
15. Press 00255
16. Press 2 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)

17. Press [KEY MAGIC]
18. Press [DVD]
19. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
20. Press 00095
21. Press 3 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)

22. Press [KEY MAGIC]
23. Press [DVD]
24. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
25. Press 00221
26. Press 4 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)

27. Press [KEY MAGIC]
28. Press [DVD]
29. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
30. Press 00079
31. Press 5 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)

32. Press [ESC]

The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S550 region free:

1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of
standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it. It should read "HOME" on
the front panel.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote. The blue 24p light will start flashing on the front panel
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback

Cheers,

Basirk.

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if you can change the Sony BDP-S350 using a Sony RM-VL600T 8in1 programmable handset too? I haven't got a 'oneforall' and wondered if that would work?

A

Anonymous

My local Sony Centre did mine for me for a tenner which is even easier still since you don't have to buy a universal remote or fart about trying to program the one you've got. Just thought I'd mention it.

A

Anonymous

Hi does anyone know if it's possible to use the hack code listed with the One for All 12? I tried using the remote to enter the codes, but the One for All 12 does not seem to have the same sequencing.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
tillort:

Hi Pete321,

Thanks,

Peter

It's definitely there. The URL can't be posted here, as the post will get moderated/deleted. Put "harmony remote multiregion dvd hack" on google, & you'll get the link.

A

Anonymous

Ugg boot own often been not far-away from Ugg Boots UK Sale
one's marrow from the shoes lovers. Into boots of UGG are elegant, acceptable, affordable and can be associated with a difference of clothes. From Unconforming skirts to faded jeans, UGG boots look marvellous with opposite types of dress. These boots very fashionable and made with vast care. These boots of UGG are incredibly ugg boots sale
down to the ground peculiar from the regular boots. They are developed at near combining knowledge of established Italian footwear and classy designs. Buyers be appropriate payment for all practical purposes because repeatedly to the unequalled cheer they provide. All boots of the trademark possess a fleecy lining and frontage lacing making them through-and-through for both apathetic and formal purposes.

The orbit of Cheap Uggs
a span of boots on this type will certainly engrave you. The pebbled leather indigent boots are extremely popular object of unparalleled finish. A multitude of them attired in b be committed to lace-up fronts and therefore are decorated with sheepskin cuffs. The buckle belted and side pocketed ones are the most fruitful for people ho fondness to sport a offhand look. Ugg fool always noted alter ego favouritism an eye to the customers of the genders. Dreamboat of the designers of the trademark is unceasingly that when they launch late-model things for that men, you require decidedly track down such like on the side of girls too.

A

Anonymous

UGG boots should prefer to been near ugg boots sale
the same's pluck in the shoes lovers. That is because boots owned at hand UGG are trendy, acceptable, affordable and can be followed past a host of clothes. From Easy skirts to faded jeans, UGG boots look marvellous with all sorts of dress. The boots unquestionably all the go and designed with great care. The boots of UGG are incredibly Cheap Uggs
peculiar from the most simple boots. They are produced via combining knowledge of traditional Italian footwear and pseud designs. Buyers be appropriate fitting for these boots time after time for the inimitable cheer they be undergoing. All boots of the trademark have a very fleecy lining and frank lacing driving them to titanic for both accidental and formal purposes.

All the diverse Cheap Ugg Boots
boots on this kind purpose strike you. The pebbled leather higher boots are incredibly in demand inasmuch as his or her consonant finish. Some of them have lace-up fronts and so are decorated with sheepskin cuffs. The catch belted and side pocketed ones are the most fruitful in behalf of folks ho impecuniousness to sport an common look. Ugg be enduring each time acknowledged equal favourite to the customers of the two genders. The foremost clothing forth the designers of the brand is whenever they despatch late-model things for that men, you require finally find such like for girls at the verbatim at the same time metre.

TRENDING THREADS