Sony BDP-S370 sideways?

manicm

Hi

I have the Sony BDP-360, with a Samsung 5 series 37" full HD set, and while it's ok I always thought maybe I could have done better - I'm thinking the 370 which on account of it winning the supertest and being on par with the 760 or Panny 65/85.

Does anyone think it will be a worthwhile upgrade or just a sideways step?

My main issue with the 360 is that I think picture noise suppression could be better (and no I'm not talking picture grain).

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Although there may be one or two little improvements to the 370, it'll be a sideways step. I'd save for a while and get more expensive player and make the change worthwhile.

manicm

Thanks David, actually I found another review which actually stated that the 760 had indeed superior noise handling than the 370, as good as it may be.

Do you think the Pioneer BD-320 would also be an improvement in this regard?

Wait for the full 2010 lineup to be launched. You've already got the S360........I would suggest you to wait until nearer to Christmas when you'll get nice discounts on the 2010 range. Most of the models should be released by September-October.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
manicm:Do you think the Pioneer BD-320 would also be an improvement in this regard?

Unfortunately I can't say at this point as we're just setting up a Sony account, so I haven't seen a 370 or 760 in action. I used to own the 350.

One of my colleagues took a Pioneer BDP320 home for a family member, and briefly tried it out on his system against his Sony 363 (which he got free with his TV, cheapskate), and he now wants a 320.

A

Anonymous

I bought a S370 on the strength of WHF review. I could not belive that it was so good that it beat the S760 so I had to see for myself.

To me, the colour looks slightly overblown and I actually preferred my old BD35. So, I sold it and bought a Pioneer 320 and I find this player to be a big improvement on the S370.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts