Sony BDP-S370 - iPlayer closing in September

Very disappointed that this highly recommended player, that still does a great job with discs, is no longer being supported by the BBC. I guess it is 4 or 5 years old, but am I being unreasonable by thinking it should still be 'smart' for longer than that?

I guess a replacement is well under a ton, but still feel this is obsolesence taken too far. Is it the BBC's meanness, and why can't the existing iPlayer still function?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
nopiano said:
Very disappointed that this highly recommended player, that still does a great job with discs, is no longer being supported by the BBC. I guess it is 4 or 5 years old, but am I being unreasonable by thinking it should still be 'smart' for longer than that?

I guess a replacement is well under a ton, but still feel this is obsolesence taken too far. Is it the BBC's meanness, and why can't the existing iPlayer still function?

I still have mine in it's box in a cupboard under under the stairs.

I replaced it a few years ago with our S390.

However, iPlayer TV goes through our Humax PVR portal and the S390 is just for 'backup' in this regard.

Realise if I replace the Sony I would like the players for the main TV channels, plus Netflix et al. The Sony and Panas seem a bit weak in that regard, and it isn't easy to find out either. It's not in the mag's back pages nor in the manufacturers' manuals.

Any ideas which to go for, pref under a hundred quid, or do I get a Roku thingy and keep the bluray which otherwise does fine?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts