Sony BDP-S350 Software Update

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I just switched on my blu-ray player and was alerted to a software update, which I downloaded. Apparently, it 'improves connectivity'. Anyway, if your player isn't permanently online, you might want to connect it.

A

Anonymous

My 350 is still wrapped up warm in time for Xmas day (only 4 to go now!
emotion-19.gif
), and the manual is at the office it seems, and I'm interested to know: does the 350 connect to the internet wirelessly or needs to be plugged into the broadband router for updates, etc.?

And does it come pre-loaded with profile 2.0 or not?

Thanks

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
No its not preloaded with profile 2.0. Up to you whether you go wireless or Lan cable,either way you have to plug into the Lan port on the back of the machine.

A

Anonymous

It needs to be hard wired and a download is required to make it profile 2.0.

When I plugged mine in it automatically detected my router and was simple to set up and download to, with a menu driven set of instructions. You will need it attached to the web to make use of the extra functions that profile 2 can offer.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I use mine wirelessly, it took me about 10 mins

Conected the wireless unit to the pc and cofigureded it to the same as my internet and then plugged it into my s350 and it worked first time. Took about 20 mins to do the update(this would depend on signal strength) and that was it profile 2.0.

stonehound

May 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying to connect my Sony BDP-S350 using my wireless router - I would be grateful if someone could describe how I should do this.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Hi

I bought a plexus wireless access point from ebuyer for £22.50 (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132431)

This I then connected to my router and configured it so it worked within the range of my router and set it to work in Client mode, once this was complete i plugged it into the S350 and turned on, it found a network connection imediately and then informed me there was an update available.

In the reviews of the product it gives tips from other users on how they have set up.

Bc.

TRENDING THREADS