SONY BDP S300 or SONY PLAYSTATION 3?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi everyone,just taken out a mobile contract and been told i will recieve a playstation 3 [nice one!]-thing is i have 360 already and a blu ray player in the form of a sony bdp s300.The big question is is the playstation better than the bdps300?,which does not have internet access,is it quicker at uploading films too[the bdp can be a bit slow-with spiderman for example] all view/opinions are much appreciated!

A

Anonymous

yeah,i just have matey-it does seem that the ps3 has more capabilities!

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
If you've already got a 360 that you use for games, I wouldn't bother upgrading from the S300 to the PS3. I've owned both and their pretty much the same and far as Blu-Ray picture quality goes. The PS3 is worth it if you're thinking about getting rid of the 360 as well and just having one box for games and movies, but otherwise I would save up a bit more and get a better stand-alone player like the Panasonic DMP-BD50 or wait a couple of months to see what other companies, like Sony and Pioneer, are bringing to the market in terms of full-spec, profile 2.0 players.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
FuzzyinLondon:If you've already got a 360 that you use for games, I wouldn't bother upgrading from the S300 to the PS3. I've owned both and their pretty much the same and far as Blu-Ray picture quality goes. The PS3 is worth it if you're thinking about getting rid of the 360 as well and just having one box for games and movies, but otherwise I would save up a bit more and get a better stand-alone player like the Panasonic DMP-BD50 or wait a couple of months to see what other companies, like Sony and Pioneer, are bringing to the market in terms of full-spec, profile 2.0 players.

read the 1st line of the original post ;)

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Ah yes. Whoops, my bad. In that case, yes the PS3 is a much better machine overall (despite the lack of analog outputs), just don't expect a big jump in pictue quality. Also, the BDP-S300 remote is nicer but that's just about the only advantage that it has especially as the PS3 just seems to go from strength to strength with its features.

A

Anonymous

thanx guys-yes i agree with you fuzzy,the ps3 does seem to be getting stronger,so i rekon i will only judge it when i have rigged it up and watched a few blu rays!

TRENDING THREADS