Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray player or Sony PS3?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK.......Excluding the fact that the PS3 is also a games console, what's the best for:

1) Blu Ray Picture Quality on an HD Ready 1024 X 768 TV?

2) Upscaling of Standard DVDs only to either 720p or 1080i?

3) Sound on both DVD and CD?

A

Anonymous

I don't know you know? The PS3 is apparently an already tesified good player of both Blu Ray and can Upscale DVDs better than most Upscalers out there right now.

The BDP-S300 is essentially an entry level Blu Ray Player which does suggest to me it's Blu Ray playback is good but not great and I can't help doubting the possibility that it just won't cut it when it comes to Upsacling DVD's. So my take on this is that the PS3 is still the one to go for. Pity Sony can't just take the games part of the PS3 out of the PS3 and give you a machine that just plays Blu ray and Upscales on a par with the PS3 but can also play CDs well too.

If that's what they've tried to do with the BDP-S300 I'm not so sure they've succeeded on all counts though I suspect it will probably play normal CD's a lot better than Mr PS3 does

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
That's an awful lot of assumption goin' on there, pardner...

And for some info on what's going on behind the scenes at Sony to make the PS3 play music better, see here.

On the left menu you'll find a piece I wrote in Gramophone on the tuning, and some notes from Chief Distinguished Audio Engineer Takashi Kanai on what can be done to make the PS3 sound even better.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the Wind-Up Andrew...it's in flaming Japanese!

A

Anonymous

Personally the PS3 is a better deal for me - cheaper & it can play games.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
That's an awful lot of assumption goin' on there, pardner...

And for some info on what's going on behind the scenes at Sony to make the PS3 play music better, see here.

On the left menu you'll find a piece I wrote in Gramophone on the tuning, and some notes from Chief Distinguished Audio Engineer Takashi Kanai on what can be done to make the PS3 sound even better.
[/quote]

And where can all that tape and stuff be purchased over here?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts