Sony BDP-S185 review

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
18/10/2011 UPDATE - Sony BDP-S185 review is now online here

Original post:

Just to confirm that our test of the small, bargain Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player will be online here next week.

It's up and running in our test rooms, and we'll be comparing it with its big-brother Sony BDP-S380 plus Panasonic's entry player, the DMP-110.

I'll link to the review here once it's online.

A

Anonymous

Hey Clare,

I already got mine today for £90 from my local sony dealer, and have been pleased with it so far. (Hope your team like it as well)

Cheers

Clare Newsome said:
16/9/11 UPDATE: Just to confirm that our test of the small, bargain Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray player will be online here next week.

It's up and running in our test rooms, and we'll be comparing it with its big-brother Sony BDP-S380 plus Panasonic's entry player, the DMP-110.

I'll link to the review here once it's online.

Brilliant! Looking forward to it! :clap:

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Have you managed to complete the s185 review and will it be posted this week? I have a purchasing decision to make this weekend and would love your guidance :)

Regards,

Richard.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Apologies, but a few unforeseen absences this week has meant the review is yet to be completed. We can say it's looking very good so far - it's certainly an impressive little player - but our more detailed opinion (including S380 comparison) will need to wait until next week. Sorry!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the update. I'll check back in the coming week.

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
All the reviewers are up to their eye-balls in top-secret awards copy at the moment, so apologies for the delay but we'll have a review online in the early part of next week!

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
slackers
smiley-tongue-out.gif

A

Anonymous

Have you dropt this project? The week is gone by miles...

Have been waiting for it every day in one week now.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We certainly haven't dropped it - but what with it being Awards time, we've had more pressing priorities. Apologies again - I will remind team tomorrow...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Play.com has the Sony BDP-S185 for £79.95:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/23920443/Sony-BDP-S185-Blu-ray-Disc-DVD-player/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=Sony+BDP-s185&urlrefer=search

Review imminent, I am promised.

And no, the S380 isn't discontinued, according to Sony....

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
And no, the S380 isn't discontinued, according to Sony....

Yes. Sorry. I should have said Tesco had discontinued the product and not Sony.

I said "that was quick" because JD only posted the Tesco BDP-S380 link 8 days ago.

I might buy one or two of these BDP-S185s for our daughters. Then I can start buying more Blu-ray discs. (We all borrow discs from each other and - because they only have DVD players - that has kept me from buying more than just a few movies on Blu-ray.)

So now I am interested in the BDP-S185 review too. (Our last two TVs and last DVD recorder and BD player were all bought on the strength of WHF 5 star reviews/awards and have all lived up to them.)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It'll be later today...

Apologies again for the delay, but a rush of last-minute contenders for Awards kept the test team way too busy to do anything as prosaic as writing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts